We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel into manhattan

Atlanta, Georgia
1 post
Save Topic
travel into manhattan

Flying into White Plains in December. How easy is it to get the train into the City and where do I catch it?

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
10,553 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel into manhattan

I believe that the Airlink bus goes from HPN to the train staion--and I think the trip takes about 20 minutes.

Brooklyn, NY
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
24,811 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: travel into manhattan

You'll get more responses if you post your question in the New York City forum.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
759 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel into manhattan

Do you want to get from the airport into the City? Do you want to know how to get from somewhere in White Plains to somewhere in the City? Where in White Plains? Where in Manhattan?

If from the airport, you can consider taking a taxi from the airport to the Metro North train station. It is a very quick ride to get into Manhattan on Metro North. For more info on Metro North and the schedule/fares:

http://www.mta.info/mnr/

White Plains, New...
Level Contributor
919 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel into manhattan

I'm assuming by "into the city" you mean Manhattan. If that's the case, then you can take the Beeline Express bus #12 from the airport to the White Plains Transit Center which is across the street from the Metro North Rail Station. The bus ride is about 35 minutes. You could also take a car service from the airport which would take about 15 minutes to the station. An express train into Grand Central will take 35 minutes. A local train will take a bit longer.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,558 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travel into manhattan

Hi, sorry, I was away... my follow trip advisor people did answer you... there is a bus that does go to the train station. just walk outside and look for a small white bus that has a sign that has LOOPA train station. if you do not want to wait, take a taxi to Metro North statin. have fun.....

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travel into manhattan

The old buslink between the airport and the WP trains station is no longer operational (as of earlier in 2010).

There are no taxis at the airport. Only a limo service, and they're $$$.

If you know when your flight is arriving, call a local taxi service. I use Splendid. Phone is 914 682-2222. Cost is ~$18 from the airport to the train station/downtown White Plains.

On the return, there is a cab stand at the train station.

White Plains, New...
Destination Expert
for White Plains, Aruba
Level Contributor
6,558 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: travel into manhattan

I see the bus all the time, so I am not sure what you are talking about. Just to make sure www.westchester.gov. I saw it last week.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
1,041 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: travel into manhattan

There was a non-stop bus from the train station to the airport. It's no longer operating.

9. Re: travel into manhattan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 27, 2011