We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to Get to JFK airport from White Plains

WhitePlains
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How to Get to JFK airport from White Plains

Hi, i am planning to take a public transport to JFK airport.

I am staying at White Plains.

Anyone has any idea what is the cheapest way to get to the airport?

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to Get to JFK airport from White Plains

Cheapest way is to take metro North to Grand Central terminal.

At Grand Central you can take the bus to the airport. If you're doing this trip 'peak' time on the train, it's about $22 Train and bus).

That's the easiest way.

Your other option is train to GCT. Then subway and AirTrain to JFK.

Train is $8 ish, and subway/AirTrain is $7. Add train fare of $8 for peak and that is $15.

Is it worth the difference to kill yourself, vs riding the bus?

Your call.

WhitePlains
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: How to Get to JFK airport from White Plains

hihi, actually i am going to San Francisco.

I realise there is an airport near Whiteplains called the WesterChester Country Airport.

How do I get to that airport? Is there a bus, or how much is the cab fare to that airport?

Mentioned in this post
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to Get to JFK airport from White Plains

Cab fare is about $15 from anyplace in White Plains to the airport aka HPN. Call Splendid taxi at 914 682-2222.

Or, for $1.75 in quarters, the BEE LINE has a direct bus from the train station to the airport. It takes 22 minutes along back roads (no traffic).

Look here... …westchestergov.com/new_web_pdf_timetables_6…

Two busses an hour departing White Plains railroad station, at 6:37 am - 9:04pm weekdays.

GFERO
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: How to Get to JFK airport from White Plains

central taxi the oldest taxi company in white plains ny.towncars available.they have 24/7 services.ASK FOR BOB FOR FRIENDLY SERVICE.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
1,050 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to Get to JFK airport from White Plains

Oh, that's good to know. I started using Splendid years ago after they let me down.

6. Re: How to Get to JFK airport from White Plains

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, September 11, 2009