We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

clueless abt rottnest

Which Rottnest Island hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
108 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
clueless abt rottnest

hi to all, can the experts give me some advice ?

1) I'll be staying at grand mecure the vines for a week . is it advisable to hav a day trip to rottnest or to stay over ?

2) how to get to rottnest ? how long ? how much does it cost ? what mode of transport ?

3) looks like there r only 2 hotels in rottnest n they get bad reviews . is there a better choice ? if not , which is the lesser evil ?

thanks

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,968 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: clueless abt rottnest

You can find the answer to all your questions and more at

www.rottnestisland.com/

With only a week I'd only suggest a day trip to Rottnest. It's the kind of place you stay at when you want to totally chill and do as little as possible because once you've spent the first day looking at all the tourist sites there's not much left but eating and laying on the beach :-)

St. Gallen...
Destination Expert
for Bandung
Level Contributor
1,885 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: clueless abt rottnest

1) Just a day trip to Rottnest Island is more than enough if your purpose is sightseeing only.. especially when you are cycling around the area..

2) have a look at this to check boat schedules and book tickets.. approx 1 hour from Perth..

http://www.rottnestexpress.com.au/

Edited: 2:13 am, April 15, 2012
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
108 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: clueless abt rottnest

hi there , thanks so i guess i will make a day trip if my kids r done with the various worlds .

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Perth, Antarctic Adventures
Level Contributor
14,454 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: clueless abt rottnest

"the various worlds" ???

Not entirely sure how to interpret that one.

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,968 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: clueless abt rottnest

Just popped into my head- I think OP thinks we're like the gold coast with "Sea World", Movie World", "Dream World" etc.

Sorry, chill, we've only got "Adventure World".

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,454 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: clueless abt rottnest

And let just say that "world" is soooo not worth an international flight !

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
108 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: clueless abt rottnest

Hey , I'm so sorry. Looks like my confusion has caused a little commotion here !! Haha ! Yes I got Perth 's rottnest confuse with gold coast !! Ai. ... we dec to drop Perth so no rottnest . yes I dec gold coast with whale watch dolphin feed n the movie world dream world sea world will be the trip . I wld prefer somewhere else as its my 3 rd time in gold coast - lovely place jus tat with ltd money i rather go somewhere i hav not been . But it is my children's first so it'll blow them off n they'll hav memories to last a long time . thanks for everyone's contribution .

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
264 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: clueless abt rottnest

Just been - a day is enough if you are not going to snorkel. It is expensive to get to tho.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,454 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: clueless abt rottnest

Ozzie as you can see from the OP's last post - they decided to eliminate Perth from their itinerary.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
11 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: clueless abt rottnest

If you go, stay at the Rottnest Lodge, not the Hotel Rottnest. We had a lovely meal at Marlins, the restaurant there, and as you can ascertain from other posts we've left (and our complaints to the Western Australian Tourism Authority), we are not exactly big fans of the Hotel Rottnest. Major staff retraining needs to go on at that place.