We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RE: Exmouth at the end of December, start of January

Which Exmouth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
RE: Exmouth at the end of December, start of January

Hey all,

I'm starting to plan a road trip to go either Esperance or Exmouth, from Perth.

Approximate travel dates are 26 Dec 2013 to 3 Jan 2014.

Just wondering would travelling in these dates be suitable for the Exmouth trip?

Because i have been told that it would be low season and not many tours etc would operate. Also a bit worried about cyclone season (:

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,068 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RE: Exmouth at the end of December, start of January

I would check before hand with the local visitor centre, to see what attractions/tours, will be operating during December and January.

http://www.exmouthwa.com.au/

It will of course be very hot, but we have also stayed in the area (Coral Bay), at that time of year and we really loved it. The good thing about cyclones, is that you do get plenty of warning that they are forming and where they are most likely to cross the coast. So just make sure you follow weather reports before heading off. Here's some weather statistics for Exmouth ~

www.weatherzone.com.au/climate/station.jsp…

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
150 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RE: Exmouth at the end of December, start of January

yep, what sue said :)

Colorado
Destination Expert
for Western Australia
Level Contributor
3,405 posts
285 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RE: Exmouth at the end of December, start of January

Well, one man's 'suitable' is another man's 'nightmare'.

I can't think of anyplace I'd rather visit less in Dec/Jan/Feb than Exmouth. Too hot for the likes of me.

Eaton, Australia
Destination Expert
for Broome, Bunbury
Level Contributor
21,068 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: RE: Exmouth at the end of December, start of January

Personally, it was magical. I have never seen an ocean before or since, that was flat to the horizon. That in itself, sticks in my memory, many years after that exceptional day..and the fact that there were so few others about..great.

5. Re: RE: Exmouth at the end of December, start of January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 24, 2014