We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I want to Fly out of Exmouth to Alice springs

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
1 post
48 reviews
Save Topic
I want to Fly out of Exmouth to Alice springs

Hi

Touring in WA in July and want to go to Coral bay and i want to fly from around there to Alice Springs but cant find anything on web for Exmouth Airport.

Any ideas do I have to go as far as broom or even back to Perth?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,704 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I want to Fly out of Exmouth to Alice springs

The airport is called Learmonth not Exmouth and you can't fly from it to Alice Springs. You can fly from it to Perth or Broome and then from Broome to Darwin or from Perth to Alice or Darwin. Check out Qantas and Skywest Airlines.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
153 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I want to Fly out of Exmouth to Alice springs

Hi glenpol

The nearest major airport to Learmonth is Karratha which has numerous flights per day to Perth and a twice weekly service to Brisbane direct.

I dont think there is a direct Sydney flight from Karratha but check on the Qantas web site.

John

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
21,219 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I want to Fly out of Exmouth to Alice springs

John- I'm not sure why you have included this information? The OP wants to fly Exmouth to Alice Springs- hasn't said anything about Karratha or Brisbane. IMO not much point in trying to get to Alice Springs from Karratha instead of Learmonth as it just adds an extra flight to the list.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
153 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I want to Fly out of Exmouth to Alice springs

yorkfoodie

Just trying to indicate to glenpol that direct interstate and intrastate flights from rural WA are very limited. For instance, to fly from Karratha to Broome means a flight to Perth then back to Broome virtually flying over Karratha on the way. I dont know if there is a direct flight from Broome to Alice Springs as there is a lot more variety of direct destinations to and from Broome than most other rural WA centres. It is probable that the viability for the airlines in lack of passengers numbers is not there for most rural centres in WA.

Doesn't help our tourists.

John

5. Re: I want to Fly out of Exmouth to Alice springs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:25 am, October 25, 2009