We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

whale sharks

Manchester
Level Contributor
164 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
whale sharks

We're hoping to do a whale shark tour whilst in Exmouth in April. Does anyone know a tour operator that refunds a portion of the fee in case of no sightings? All the ones I've looked at offer a repeat tour on an alternative date but we won't be in the area long enough to take advantage of this

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Fremantle, Australia
Level Contributor
658 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: whale sharks

Never heard of it but happy to be proved wrong. Fact is, sightings of these things are not an everyday event. Nature can never be guaranteed to suit your timing. As coral spawns generally happen around a week after the full moon in either March or April, your chances would be heightened. Book your trip about then and take your chance.

Perth
Level Contributor
391 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: whale sharks

I suggest you book with one of the operators for the beginning of your stay. (ie first day or 2) That way in case of a no sighting on your tour you have more of a chance to re schedule during your stay (subject to the operators availability and yours!)

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
2,005 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: whale sharks

Have dived with Whale Sharks and Manta Rays in Exmouth my recommendation would be to go with the Mantas. The rush, masses of bodies in the water and limited time with theses creatures spoiled the experience for me. The experience was nothing like that shown on travel shows.

The rays however were majestic and sitting on the sea floor watching these creatures barrel roll as the feed was breath taking. Having done the whaleshark thing I've ticked it off my list- but i can't wait for the chance to go back and dive with the rays.

cheers

HP

4. Re: whale sharks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:19 pm, October 19, 2009