We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

coral bay @christmas

Essex-UK
Level Contributor
91 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
coral bay @christmas

Hi guys, read most of the posts and I am real excited about visiting Coral bay this christmas.

I have been to WA before but only drove as far as Monkey Mia then back to Perth. That was fantastic.

Has anyone been at this time of the year. Someone on Lonely planet told me that the area is so windy that I will not be able to sit on the beach?

Okay I know its going to be really hot and do not want to sunbake all day but to be able to lie on a beach for half hour after snorkelling is heaven!

We have booked our shuttle bus & 7 nights at Ningaloo resort. Now we have found out that Turquoise bay & the other beaches & the National park are further away than first thought, so we are planning to hire a car & stay over night somewhere near the park (but not camping)any suggestions?

Any other advice & tips?

Thanks Lisa x

Harrogate, United...
Level Contributor
436 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: coral bay @christmas

We stayed at the Novotel at Exmouth last December (about a week before Xmas.

It was not windy, but very hot.

You must go and watch the Turtles nesting in the Park at Jurabi.

There is a best Western at Exmouth and several other places to stay. It was very quiet there with several camp sites closed.

If you drive at night go SLOWLY the Roo's have no road sense at all.

Have a great time

Don't forget the fly spray

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
6,742 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: coral bay @christmas

Camping but not camping...

www.karijiniecoretreat.com.au

just opened...

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
30,378 posts
1,537 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: coral bay @christmas

From Exmouth.

Cape Range National Park 50km

Lakeside (camping and snorkelling) 55km

Turquoise Bay (snorkelling) 65km

Oyster Stacks (snorkelling) 70km

Learmonth Airport 35km

Charles Knife & Shothole Canyon 20 & 30km

Yardie Creek 95 km

Distances heading south from Exmouth

Coral Bay 150km

Carnarvon 367km

Monkey Mia & Shark Bay 721km

Dec is hot and cyclone time...Coral Bay's temperatures range from high 30's in summer (December to March)and is also cyclone season. I have stayed in summer and managed beautiful weather.It's pot luck really.......but as long as you are aware of the potential cyclone season.

You can stay at NIngaloo Reef for a few days and then head up to Exmouth, there is accomodation available here. or do day trips from Ningaloo Reef to the National Park.

4. Re: coral bay @christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, September 22, 2009