We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

please help planning italian wedding!

Which Montevarchi hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
83 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
please help planning italian wedding!

Hello,

I am looking to plan a small wedding in italy. For about a max of 20 guests. Can anyone tell me of thier own expeinces getting maried in italy ( i am UK), and in tuscany.

I have a few ideas, one being a rented villa for wedding meal and a Cd player for after and the party! OR a lovelu restaurant with stunning views not far from florence or sienna ( are there nice screny near pisa ?) and then back to a smaller villa for dancung or can anyone recomed what to do after the meal. Can anyone recomed a lovely terrace to eat on with views and nice food....would apprecialte any help or tips - am pulling hair out - this woudl be for sept 2010. Thans!

Rome
Level Contributor
333 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: please help planning italian wedding!

Hi Lizeratsi!

Why rent out diff places when you can just one villa and get everything done there? There are many villas in Tuscany, some very stunning, can have gorgeous gardens and pools... Catering and music can be reserved.

I got married in September but near Rome.. on the shores of Lake Martignano..

uk
Level Contributor
83 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: please help planning italian wedding!

Hello,

well our budget is very very small and we dont neccasrily want to hire out a whole hotel or resturant you see - i am looking at villas but they alone are 3900 - 400 and over euros.

so my other plan was cemonry then lovely meal somewhere our group ill be 20 max and prob more like 12 - 15 you see.

Rome
Level Contributor
206 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: please help planning italian wedding!

Hi there,

I'm getting married to an Italian in Tuscany this year and like you am organizing a small wedding with 20-25 people.

We are renting an agriturismo for a week and our relatives are coming for a holiday. In the middle of the week we are having a civil wedding in Pienza town hall. We decided to have the meal at the agriturismo and as we all love cooking we are all going to muck in and prepare it the day before.

However, I do know a nice restaurant with a terrace in Monticchiello called Osteria La Porta that might be nice for you: http://www.osterialaporta.it/

Let me know if you need any more info and congratulations!

uk
Level Contributor
83 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: please help planning italian wedding!

Thanks for your recomendation and congratulaitons to you too.

I was also hoping to eat at the villa but i cant rely on my chef/freind! i thought it would eliminate stress and be abel to have a smaller villa to eat out....

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
482 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: please help planning italian wedding!

Congratulations by the way..... let us have some more info... whats your budget perperson per night in a villa?What time of year is the wedding? Would you consider a church or civil wedding?

regards

uk
Level Contributor
83 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: please help planning italian wedding!

budget is about 4 tho pounds and cld be streched...

i think numbers would be more like 12 ish..surely 4 thou can buy a good weding for such a small number! thinking of sept next year..

uk
Level Contributor
83 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: please help planning italian wedding!

i would like a church wedding but my partner is not cathilic a civil wedding would be fine also

London, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: please help planning italian wedding!

Hi there,

I am having an Italian wedding in June! Very exciting. We are getting married in Vinci. I looked around at all the options and that's what suited us. Ours is a bit larger than yours but what I would recommend is having a wedding planner. I think it is a lot to organise by yourself.

Our wedding planner is brilliant - she is called Mascia at Happenings.it - she has done lots of different weddings of all different sizes. I checked out testimonials and spoke to some of her referees and one guy had got married with just 2 guests! But there are plenty of planners around so I would have a look. I think they can help as it is quite complicated to sort out all the legal stuff.

I was looking at a restaurant that has v good write ups and does weddings - it looks lovely.

www.osteriadelvicario.it/2007/index.html

That is in Certaldo.

Loads of villas around - I would check out Alastair Sawday's Special Places to Stay in Italy (book but there is a website) as it has lots of villas and b&bs in - have found it invaluable in planning our honeymoon.

Mail me if you have any questions - I've lived and breathed all the planning for the past year! :)

Moscow
Level Contributor
4 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: please help planning italian wedding!

Congratulations for your coming wedding! Hope my expirience would help you)

We had the same small wedding (18 guests) 2 years ago in Poppi, Tuscany. We rented wonderfull, very cosy villa for all the guests www.ownersdirect.co.uk/italy/IT163.htm. Villa owner was very nice, he helped us to orginize almost everything, including civil wedding in the medieval Poppi Castle http://www.castellodipoppi.it. That was absolutely perfect wedding, and it is in the budget you mentioned)

Cetona
Level Contributor
296 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: please help planning italian wedding!

Ther are lots of helpfull web site you can check...

try with www.sposiintoscana.it or com (I don't remember or your wedding in Tuscany...

Get answers to your questions about Montevarchi