We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chair lift price

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
2,445 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Chair lift price

Can someone tell me the price for the chair lift to Mount Solaro? I have searched and didn't find.

Thanks so much.

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,256 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chair lift price

The round trip ticket is about 10 euros. I think it's well worth the price because the views are stunning.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
2,445 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chair lift price

Thanks so much! Any idea on how much the funicular is to Capri? I keep searching the internet and not coming up with actual costs.

Thanks again!

Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
8,256 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chair lift price

It's 1.30 euro each way. I think you can buy a day pass for about 8 euros that gives you a round trip on the funicular and unlimited bus rides.

The buses can be a problem depending on where you're trying to catch them. We stood in line at a bus stop in Anacapri once for about 45 minutes without moving. Every bus that came by was PACKED! We split a cab with a couple in line behind us.

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Chair lift price

www.capritourism.com/en/timetable-and-prices

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,428 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chair lift price

If you take the bus from the harbor to Anacapri, you will get off at the first stop for the chairlift. When you are ready to leave, do not wait for the bus there. The bus we rode was very tiny and only had seats for 10-12 people.

Walk up the road, away from the direction in which you arrived and catch a bus further up the street.

We did this last October and had no problem getting seats. The bus was standing room only after chairlift stop.

When you arrive on Capri by boat, turn right and walk slightly uphill to the bus station. I bought three tickets: one to Anacapri, one from Anacapri to Capri town and one for the funicular from Capri town back to the harbor area. (You can also buy a daily pass but I don't know much about it.)

Campagnano di Roma...
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chair lift price

The www.capritourism.com site that Zerlina posted is the best one to use. Everyone be advised that the current non-resident ticket for both the buses on the island and the Funicolare is €1.60, not €1.30, and the all day pass is €8.40. The chairlift round trip ticket is €10.

7. Re: Chair lift price

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, October 24, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Anacapri