We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

anacapri restaurants near the blue grotto

New York
Level Contributor
59 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
anacapri restaurants near the blue grotto

Hi everyone,

When my husband and I visited Anacapri last September we took the bus to the end of the line where you can go down the steps to the blue grotto. There where two restaurants near that spot that had beautifuls views. I would love to go to those restaurants when we visit in October. Does anyone know what the names of the restaurants on the cliff are? I tried looking on the Capri.net website but none of those seem to be in that location. Wish I had written down the names. Does anyone know?

Sweden
Level Contributor
495 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: anacapri restaurants near the blue grotto

One of them is called Il Riccio. An excellent restaurant which is well worth a visit.

http://www.capri.net/en/c/il-riccio

Campagnano di Roma...
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: anacapri restaurants near the blue grotto

And the other one is called the "Nettuno." The first one next to the parking lot is the Nettuno and Il Riccio is down the steps from the parking lot and about 50-60 meters to the west along the walkway.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,540 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: anacapri restaurants near the blue grotto

Was Il Riccio under different ownership about 7 years ago? Or have they changed their interior design a lot in that period of time?

Campagnano di Roma...
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: anacapri restaurants near the blue grotto

Riccio is no longer Riccio. The original Ad'o'Riccio was founded in the 1950's by the late Antonino DeGregorio and later managed by Gabriele who made it very popular with both tourists, habituès, and the islanders. He made indisputedly the best risotto alla pescadora on the entire island and people came just for that. Two years ago the restaurant was bought by Antonio Cacace, the owner of the Capri Palace hotel in Anacapri who developed it into an ultrachic restaurant and changed the name to "Il Riccio." The interior design is no longer quaint. Sorry, I can't comment on the food or prices since the ownership change.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
40,540 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: anacapri restaurants near the blue grotto

Ah and oh - that makes me sad. It was quaint. I first went there in the early 1990s and had my first terrific meal there and I continued to go on subsequent visits but didn't go the last few times. Last time I was there was about 7 years ago and now I feel sad to have not gone to enjoy it a few more times.

Just looking at the photos of the new restaurant on line, I am not attracted to the place but I'll check to see what people have to say about the food. I'm guessing it is far more expensive than the original restaurant, which not only had great food but, I thought, very good prices especially for it's stunning location.

I kept telling myself - oh, I'll go next time I come to Capri. I should learn by now, not to put off things for later, for so many reasons....

New York
Level Contributor
59 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: anacapri restaurants near the blue grotto

thanks to Settocento and all of you for the names of the restaurants. Hope to visit in Oct. Thanks again

7. Re: anacapri restaurants near the blue grotto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:23 am, October 29, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Anacapri
Recent Conversations