We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Children on the Chairlift

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Children on the Chairlift

Is there a minimum age limit for this? I have a 7 year old son and would like to know if he is allowed on this/is it safe for him/can he travel on an adults lap?

Thanks

Sweden
Level Contributor
495 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Children on the Chairlift

It shouldn't be a problem for him to travel by himself. He's too big to travel on an adult's lap. It is however quite easy to jump off the chairlift if one wants to. You just lift up a metal bar and jump off. I guess it's a judgement call, if he's "wise" enough to understand the danger.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Children on the Chairlift

This is very nicely done...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0MvkJuB3iA

Peter

Campagnano di Roma...
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Children on the Chairlift

Small children ride the chairlift with one of their parents all the time. He just has to sit on your lap and stay calm for the 12 minute ride. The staff person at the end will help you both get off. We used to take our dog with us - he'd sit on my lap and I'd hold him still until we got to the top.

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Children on the Chairlift

Many thanks everyone, especially enjoyed the Youtube clip as it pacified my own fear of heights - I think he will be OK on it on his own. Does anyone know the opening hours on a Tuesday in late September please?

Campagnano di Roma...
Level Contributor
1,177 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Children on the Chairlift

The Monte Solaro chairlift opens at 09.30 in the morning. In September the closing will be around 16.30.

New York
Level Contributor
59 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Children on the Chairlift

I have seen some pretty big children going up on their parents laps, but I would be hesitant about letting anyone under 12 go on their own. Its so easy to slip through if they dont sit still and they may become frightened. The seats are kind of far apart and while you can talk to each other, you couldnt help if it was needed.

London, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Children on the Chairlift

Many thanks - may reconsider Dads lap then.

8. Re: Children on the Chairlift

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, October 25, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Anacapri