We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itenary - one day on Capri

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Topic
Itenary - one day on Capri

We will be on Capri for one day in July.

Here is the list of things we would like to take part in (in order)...

Boat Tour (with Blue Grotto visit), Mount Solaro, La Migliera, Villa San Michele, Augustus Gardens, swim in sea, and maybe Villa Jovis and Punta Carena & Faro (lighthouse).

Also want to do a little shopping...not a lot though. Definitely want to buy a bottle of limoncello di capri to take home. What time do the shops of Capri and Anacapri close in July?

I know I have too many things on the itenary, but I would like to see as much as possible. This is what I was thinking...

Mt. Solaro at 9:30, Go to La Migliera and walk, then over to villa san michele....then, head to Capri for a tour by boat, take a dip in the Sea...then...eat and shop a little (find limoncello in capri)...then, Augustus Gardens and walk.

Is this possible?

Campagnano di Roma...
Level Contributor
1,172 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itenary - one day on Capri

It all depends at what time you arrive on Capri and what time you'll leave the next day. If your itinerary allows for at least one full afternoon and one full morning, then you'll probably be able to do everything without problems. Try to do the Anacapri things together and then Capri. From the tourist piazza of Anacapri (Piazza Vittoria) the Canale limoncello outlet is on your way to Villa San Michele to the left, while to the right is the Monte Solaro chairlift and the walkway leading to the Migliera. You can bus from the cemetery parking lot down to the Faro for a swim. On the Capri side, the boat tours leave from the Marina Grande port. In the town you can do your shopping and visit the Gardens of Augustus. Shops in July will close late, around 9 p.m., some earlier, some later.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
108 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Itenary - one day on Capri

Do you think this is doable?

Travel from Naples-Capri (get to Capri around 8am).

Travel to Anacapri and drop off bags at hotel, then find some breakfast.

Go to Mount Solaro chairlift at 9:30 (chairlift up then walk down).

Walk to La Migliera.

Then, walk to Villa San Michele.

Grab some Lunch and Travel to Capri by bus.

Go on Boat tour at 2 or 3 for 3 hours.

After tour....is there time for Augustus Gardens....what time do they close?

Then...do some shopping....find limoncello to bring home with me.

Grab some Dinner in Capri.

Head back to Anacapri.

Next day...leave for Capri around 9, then off the Sorrento.

I do have an option right now to stay at a little B&B in Capri, rather then to little hotel in Anacapri. What do you think is the best option for our situation?

Also...suggestions for breakfast and lunch in Anacapri would be great! Doesn't have to be fancy sit down or anything...can be to go meals.

And dinner in Capri. This would be a sit down, but we would be looking for something not super expensive, but nice. Suggestions?

Thanks.

3. Re: Itenary - one day on Capri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, October 19, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Anacapri
Recent Conversations