We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Positano to Capri

Which Anacapri hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Detroit, MI
3 posts
Save Topic
Transfer from Positano to Capri

We are honeymooning in Positano for 4 nights then travling to capri for 2 night and was wondering what is the best option of travel to the island? Ferry, private boat, etc. We do not want to take a tour, we just want to get to our hotel Qvisiana since we will have luggage.

What is the avg. cost of these transfers because I emailed a few companies for a private transfer and it was around 500 euros, which I think is crazy for a one hour boat transfer. Also I have heard you can pick up a boat at the dock, is this true?

Should we use the same transportation on the way back from capri to Naples?

Do taxi wait at the port to take you to your hotel?

IOM
Level Contributor
305 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from Positano to Capri

I was in Capri earlier this month and it was possible to get a fast ferry from Positano to Capri.I think there were two a day. I dont know the exact cost but I doubt it would be as much as 20 euros each. Once on Capri porters can take your luggage to the hotel fo you at a cost of around 6 euros per bag (personally, I do it myself having seen how they are sometimes treated).

It is possible to get a taxi up to the the top (again about 20 euros) but the last 5-10 minutes walk is unavoidable. You have to walk across the beautiful Piazetta (stopping for a quick beer) and down past the Hotel La Palma, admiring the cakes and ice breams in the windows and the boutiques on the way down. The Quisi is straight ahead of you.

The beer is not mandatory but you will just want to stay and watch.

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from Positano to Capri

the ferry (hydrofoil) schedule with prices is at www.capri.net . It would be easy to just take the funicular and then walk the very short stretch to the hotel, unless you would have very heavy luggage.

Capri, Italy
Level Contributor
320 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from Positano to Capri

I don't know if the direct connection between Positano and Capri is still going on, I can go give a check.

Anyway what they ask you for a private boat transfer is about correct, that's the average price with a fast boat, with another boat prices are far more acceptable and you can enjoy the trip along the coast, not to mention a stop for a swim or for lunch in the bay of Nerano.

congratulations!!!

g

St Paul, MN
Level Contributor
20,402 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from Positano to Capri

I beleive that the hydrofoils between positano and Capri stop running oCT 31 adn then start up again May 1.

Hyrofoils between Naples and Capri run all winter long, practically hourly.

When we stayed in an Anacapri Hotel we arranged for the shuttle from the Hotel to meet us at the port. We just had to call when we embarked on the hydrofoil from Naples in our case. The shuttle to Anacapri was something like 7 euros apiece. Quisiana I believe in Capri town (ie closer to the port) and should be cheaper.

5. Re: Transfer from Positano to Capri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, October 10, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Anacapri