We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anacapri and capri suggest from a local without turistictrap

anacapri
Level Contributor
102 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Anacapri and capri suggest from a local without turistictrap

ask me all information about capri and anacapri i will give you with no turistic trap

miami florida
Level Contributor
45 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anacapri and capri suggest from a local without turistictrap

Hello sandwichfriends, we are planning a day trip from Sorrento to Capri maybe the 18th or 19th of this month.I would like to know if we can do both Capri and Anacapri on the same day and which one would you reccommend best.

Thanks a lot!

anacapri
Level Contributor
102 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anacapri and capri suggest from a local without turistictrap

hi and happy to help you!!!!! First of all welcome and i will give you all my best suggest to enjoy Capri in one day.

when you arrive in marina grande main port go directly to the funicolare is a kind of train to capri, will be busy!!!! but chipper than a taxi, arrived in capri stay for a coffee to the piazzetta main square is amazing than go to augustus garden you can see the faraglioni rocks,use the via krupp to go to marina piccola (walk) to swimm in the sea,augustus garden and via krupp is in the same area (easy),after that go by bus in Anacapri stop at monumento area go by chairlift up to monte solaro and enjoy all around the island of Capri after that go by bus at the blu grotto if is it to late to visit by boat ,swim in it if free and is fantastic,after that retourn at anacapri monumento and visit the historical center (there are lots of shops)than i don't know if you stay in capri in the evening if yes there are lot's of nice restaurant to suggest let me know i will give you all suggestion.

training shoes,easy dressing,and light lunch.

Antonio hope to be helpful.

all the visit needs 10 hours

Mississippi
Level Contributor
65 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anacapri and capri suggest from a local without turistictrap

Ciao sandwhichfriends!

Do you mind giving me advice about Capri and Anacapri in October? Is this a good time to be there? My concern is that we came to the Amalfi coast 3 years ago in November and the weather was horrible. It rained the whole time and there were very terrible thunderstorms at night. The sea was too rough for travel to Capri. After that dissappointing trip, we are hoping to go back this October. The whole trip can only be about 8 days, so I thought we'd plan 3 of those on Capri. Do you recommend Anacapri or Capri? All advice will be sincerely appreciated!

Kindest regards,

Elizabeta

anacapri
Level Contributor
102 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anacapri and capri suggest from a local without turistictrap

Dear Elisabetta, hi and welcome...i am sorry that you find bad weather in november but is normal for that time,in october i mean the beggining i think is very nice because we have still all shops and restaurant open and the temperature are still comfortable,the sea is not too much rough,but you never know.

i am a great fun of anacapri because i live here,but the headline says no turistic trap and i must say capri....there is more life there but if you need to relax and a bit of peace anacapri is a must....

So....let's go with the advice:

Choose a very nice and caratteristic local hotel.

(i can't give you a name because i have a small hotel in anacapri)

Buy a pair of training shoes (walk walk and walk)

than when you are in amalfi coast if you have a chance contact me and i will see the wether forcast for you and i will post it the best advice for you . i hope to be helpfull

sorry for my english.

antonio

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anacapri and capri suggest from a local without turistictrap

So, if we're planning on being there from 24-27 October this year, should we have a backup plan, just in case?

san francisco
Level Contributor
162 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anacapri and capri suggest from a local without turistictrap

in case of what?

anacapri
Level Contributor
102 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anacapri and capri suggest from a local without turistictrap

no!!!! you don't need a backup plan,is nice but i use to be realistic in october you can find a very nice sun and is very romantic but you can find bad weather as well 3 days are perfect to visit all around island and you can smell the true capri life without any stress caos and turist(day tour turist),and you can have relationship with the capri life style.

hope to be helpfull

antonio

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
2,314 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anacapri and capri suggest from a local without turistictrap

I have a few questions. Planning a trip for next year. My last stop will be in Sorrento with a day trip to Capri. Was planning on doing this the first week in October so that I'll be able to attend the Grape Festival. Will all the ferries be running between Sorrento, Capri, Positano at that time? What are the chances of getting into the Blue Grotto by boat at that time of year?

Ciao for now! Grazie

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
99 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anacapri and capri suggest from a local without turistictrap

No offense girliq, but with so much of Italy to experience, I'd rather make a change in plans and alter the itinerary if it's looking like three days of torrential rain at the end of October in Capri.

We did 11 days of torrential rain on a sailboat.. and while it was fun and romantic for the first few, it got real old after a while!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,447 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anacapri and capri suggest from a local without turistictrap

I assume by a back up, you want a flexible itinerary to protect you in case of bad weather, etc. Fair enough. But why ask for someone's advice about having a flexible itinerary, if what you want is a flexible itinerary.

Get answers to your questions about Anacapri
Recent Conversations