We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which resort

Which Agia Efimia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wales
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
which resort

hi , id like to go to kefalonia which resorts is best for --

i m travelling with husband and a 6 yr old , so possible sandy beach

restaurants ,bars, nice strolls in evening

ESSEX
Level Contributor
143 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which resort

All beaches we ever visited anywhere on the Island have a fair amount of pebbles. Skala is without a doubt the busiest resort/town (except Argostilli, the Capital, but that's more for shopping). It has all you want, beaches, restaurants, shops, excursion places, boat trips etc. And is it pretty central for going out if you hire a car - which you really should. Sami - really pretty, lovely beach but a lot quieter. Fiscardo - same but a bit out-of-the-way, and more expensive, but gorgeous, def a day trip.

Anything else?

Edited: 3:47 am, July 10, 2011
wales
Level Contributor
4 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: which resort

no thats great i want something central. but not off the beaten track

staffordshire
Level Contributor
1,153 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which resort

Katelios got a sandy beach and near by beach kamina very safe for 6yearold sea is shallow for at least 200yards.

Lassi as quite a few sandy beaches and not far from Argostoli.

Doncaster
Destination Expert
for Lassi
Level Contributor
1,186 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which resort

Hi!

I'm going to recommend Lassi. It has probably the best beaches on the island, sand not shingle. They have a very gentle slope into the sea so they are perfectly safe for children. Check out video clips of Makris Gialos beach here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM8Di6eJVMM

and here: www.youtube.com/watch…

Antonio Beach has an even more gentle slope into the sea.

There is plenty of accommodation within a few minutes of the beaches, plenty of well-reviewed restaurants and a great atmosphere in the evening - it always feels quiet even when it's busy. There are a couple of bars but no rowdy behaviour - it's definitely a family resort.

It's only a short taxi ride into Argostoli (6 Euros) for shopping and a wider choice of restaurants and bars. Take coffee in the main square at 10 pm and watch the local Greeks promenading with their families - great!

Check out my website: http://lassiinformation.webs.com/

Colin

5. Re: which resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, October 05, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Agia Efimia