We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room Rate meal plan

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Room Rate meal plan

Hello! We are a family of 5 and we are looking forward to booking 2 rooms at a hotel in Afandou. What we don't understand is the fact that on their website it's written "Meal plan: room rate". Is it with all inclusive or room only? I rang them but that woman who was quite bad at English told me it's with all inclusive. I'm afraid she got it wrong or something; what does "room rate" really mean? Thank you!

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,427 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Room Rate meal plan

Hey

'Room rate' is usually the price per room per night the hotel is charging you.

'Meal plan' is what you usually agree in terms of board ie, Bed and Breakfast, Half Board (Breakfast and Dinner), Full Board (Breakfast Lunch and Dinner) or All inclusive.

Mart

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Room Rate meal plan

Hey, Mart!

I think you didn't get my question and I am sorry if it is my fault. Accidentally or not, I am a tourism student in the UK, so I know what those words mean :) ;

The problem here is the following: I am trying to book the rooms on the hotel's website; I get a page with the prices of each room, descriptions for each of them and then this "Meal plan: Room Rate" thing... which is really weird and makes me consider 2 versions:

a) the meals are included in the room rate

b) the price is for room only.

I tried to take it logically and I compared the prices on the hotel's website with those on booking.com but there is a difference of over 200 Euros.

The hotel is officially described as "all-inclusive", so I think I will risk and book the rooms, believing in their description and in what they told me on the phone.

Thank you for your answer!

Armagh, United...
Level Contributor
47 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Room Rate meal plan

hi simona if by chance this hotel is the rodos star then it is all inclusive thats the only option with that hotel we.re going there next week and had to book 2 rooms for 5 of us :-)

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,427 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Room Rate meal plan

Hey

Sorry, I did misunderstand yr question. Have u tried emailing them as well. Alternatively, if u post the name of yr hotel on the forum, u may find others who have bn there this season could help u.

Good luck.

M

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Room Rate meal plan

Hello; many thanks to both of you! I emailed them one week ago but they didn't reply. It's about Golf View Hotel in Afandou!

Edited: 1:22 pm, July 17, 2013
Wirral
Level Contributor
6,427 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Room Rate meal plan

Hey

I have had a little look at TA reviews on this hotel together with other tour operators advertising it. It seems that it is an AI hotel n I could not find other options. Please dont take my word for it as it is yr holiday, but it appears at first glance to be AI only. Hopefully someone who has bn there recently can clarify.

M

Bucharest, Romania
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Room Rate meal plan

Hey, Mart,

Thanks a lot! I think you are right; we are trying to decide if it's gonna be this one or we can find another great offer (hard to decide!).

Simona

8. Re: Room Rate meal plan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, July 19, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Afandou
Recent Conversations
More Afandou Topics