We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jungle lodge for 60+yr parents

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Jungle lodge for 60+yr parents

My husband and I are traveling to the Tambopata in May. It seems we've narrowed our choice of accomodations down to Libertador Amazonas or Refugio Amazonas. However, we are trying to blance a number of needs/likes.

For example, my 66-year old mother is not too keen on the open wall concept of the Refugio Amazonas, but we like the idea that it holds a smaller number of guests than Libertador. We want the opportunity to see otters in a lake (kayak or canoeing is fine) and birds at a clay lick, but my parents aren't able to camp out.

Can anyone provide insight to which of these lodges provides "it all", at least as we've defined it? I would say our priorities are: comfort for folks in their late 60's (healthy and fit but camping is a stretch), opportunity for wildlife sightings, and low density guests. Oh and your experiences with only 3 walls would be most welcome! Thanks.

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jungle lodge for 60+yr parents

Libertador best conventional choice

check your TA reviews...

Lima, Peru
Destination Expert
for Cusco, Lima, Arequipa, Peru
Level Contributor
18,221 posts
473 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jungle lodge for 60+yr parents

The best lodge in the area by far is the Inkaterra, same owners as El Pueblo hotel in Aguas Calientes.

3. Re: Jungle lodge for 60+yr parents

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, October 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Tambopata National...