We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in March for Cotopaxi trekking

DFW
Level Contributor
51 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in March for Cotopaxi trekking

All

I've done research on average rain in the Quito area, but can't find averages for Cotopaxi -- although it might be close enough to Quito to not matter.

My wife and are I looking at a trek with Adventure Life next for March 2014

adventure-life.com/tours/…day2

We've talked to Adventure Life and their exact response was "... it is the wetter time of year there. Compared to some destinations (most of Central American, Amazon, etc), the rains are relatively mild and generally come for short durations (ie a few afternoons per week)"

What I'm wondering is: Has anyone done this trek or similar and is it worth it? What about March weather (specifically early-mid March)? We've hiked in snow, hail and rain in various parts of South America, but that was all in the be prepared for anything bucket. We don't want to go hiking when daily rain is the expectation.

Any help or input would be appreciated.

Tom

DFW
Level Contributor
51 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in March for Cotopaxi trekking

Bump -- any feedback on weather?

2. Re: Weather in March for Cotopaxi trekking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, April 16, 2014