We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Rio to Morro de Sao Paolo and back in 4 days?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Topic
From Rio to Morro de Sao Paolo and back in 4 days?

I wanted to get out of the rain in Rio de Janeiro and was thinking of leaving monday morning and spending 4 days at Morro de Sao Paolo (I haven't been their for 20 years and need to be back by Friday!). Can it be done if one only has four days seeing that I am in Rio and there are connections to be had, etc. or is it a bit of a shoe-horn? Also... Is there internet etc. up there? Does anyone have any suggestions of the most direct way to get there if one has such a short time? or maybe I just need to wait till I have more time! Also... I am traveling by myself, is there nightlife there right now in mid-week or is everybody saving up for carnaval?

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Level Contributor
2,421 posts
1,220 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Rio to Morro de Sao Paolo and back in 4 days?

Expect to take almost a day to ghet there from Rio. Rio - Salvador + transfer to the port + ferry to the island. Getting there faster would include an expensive flight direct from Salvador to Morro -- you'd save some time this way.

Morro is very (completely?) different from what you saw 20 years ago.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: From Rio to Morro de Sao Paolo and back in 4 days?

I was just in Morro for Christmas/New Years. I flew into Salvador from Campinas at night, then took the catamaran to the island the next morning. I wanted to do it in one day, but there was no flights from Campinas that would have arrived in Salvador in time for me to take the ferry on the same day. You should check your flight arrival and compare it with the ferry times to see if you can indeed do it in one day. From what I remember, there are only a few times per day the ferry crosses. The other alternative is to take the plane from Salvador airport to the island.

The actual village does have internet (among other amenities)... there are plenty of trendy restaurants, cafes, pousadas, touristic shops, a Havianas store, night clubs, 2 ATM machines, etc...

Morro de Sao Paulo...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From Rio to Morro de Sao Paolo and back in 4 days?

Do you want to know about Morro?! facebook.com/afontedomorro

Look at!

Edited: 3:16 pm, February 03, 2013
4. Re: From Rio to Morro de Sao Paolo and back in 4 days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 05, 2014