We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any recommendations for half-day tours to Masada?

Toronto
Level Contributor
6 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Any recommendations for half-day tours to Masada?

We're planning a quick (24 hours) sidetrip after arriving at Ben Gurion to Ein Bokek before moving on to a conference in Jerusalem. Is it possible to see Masada in a half-day tour and does anyone have any recommendations for a good tour company or private guide with transport out of Ein Bokek?

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,916 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any recommendations for half-day tours to Masada?

Two clarification questions - when and are you aware that you'll be able to visit Massada only? You could do that by bus too.

Toronto
Level Contributor
6 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any recommendations for half-day tours to Masada?

We're arriving April 19, the day before Independence Day (unfortunately or so I've been told). We're leaving Ben Gurion around 10 a.m. in private car for Ein Bokek.

Is that what you were asking?

Toronto
Level Contributor
6 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any recommendations for half-day tours to Masada?

Sorry, should have mentioned (or did I earlier?) that we're staying in Ein Bokek Monday night but need to travel to Jerusalem Tuesday.

Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Any recommendations for half-day tours to Masada?

We are also looking for a guide from our Ein Bokek hotel for a tour of Massada and Ein Gedi. It seems that most tours leave from Jerusalem or Tel Aviv and do it all in a whirlwind day, including the Dead Sea. We wanted to take our time. But now am having a hard time finding a tour - private or group. We'll be there May 4th, arriving the day before and leaving the day after. Four adults. thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
143 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any recommendations for half-day tours to Masada?

Hi.

I actually think that Independence Day celebrations are interesting to watch and take part of.

About your question- If you can afford a private tour, you can arrange a licensed guide that will take you from wherever it is you're staying to Massada and Jerusalem. I know a few great guides that would be happy to help.

Let me know if you want their emails...

Enjoy!

Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Any recommendations for half-day tours to Masada?

yes please. i would like e-mails. BUT not to Jerusalem! we are booked in Ein Bokek, so tour would be from Ein Bokek and back to Ein Bokek. We will have a car.

Level Contributor
21,533 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any recommendations for half-day tours to Masada?

Contact the hotel in which you are staying in Ein Bokek. i am sure they have quite a few options for you.

Do check when is closure time at Masada on remembrance Day.

Haifa
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
1,196 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any recommendations for half-day tours to Masada?

it is no problem to arrange a private guide from Ein Bokek to Masada and Ein Gedi, it is all a matter of cost since the Ein Bokek area is a resorts area and any guide you'll pick will have to come to your hotel from somewhere else.

It will be easier for a guide living in Ein Gedi or Arad and even in Jerusalem.

Try contact Ein Gedi using this email: info.tourism@ein-gedi.co.il

I know at least one licensed tour guide there who also do Jeeps tour, his name is Dani Afik and he is guiding in English and German.

NYC
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any recommendations for half-day tours to Masada?

I'd love to get some recommendations for private tours from Jerusalem to Masada--will be there December 27-29--what's the weather like in Masada at that time of year?

Thank you.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
36,360 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any recommendations for half-day tours to Masada?

Any licensed tour guide can take you there. Why not start you own thread or look through this site to find the numerous names that have been recommended.