We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Psoriatic Treatment Stay in Dead Sea

Which Ein Bokek hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
75 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Psoriatic Treatment Stay in Dead Sea

Hi there,

I am planning to accompany my partner (from Asia) to Ein Bokek to seek for Psoriatic Arthritis treatment end March 09. I read all topics from this forum & did some research on internet. I have some questions.

1) If we do not stay in the Dead Sea hotel but stayed in guest house (stated 1km near Dead Sea Clinic), how much does it cost to rent a local car on a 28 days basis?

2) DMZ or other clinic stated the treatment procedures etc, does it mean those solarium & facilities are within the hotel of that clinic and only FREE for patients who stayed in that hotel. Meaning under such circumstances (we stayed in guest house), we had to pay to use even though we are the customers of DMZ in Lot hotel?

3) It is stated that there is wireless connectivity in 3 hotels & some shopping centers e.g Mc Donalds or even in my guest house, my question is how strong & fast is the connectivity. Daytime is treatment, night time, we got to work on email.

4) It seems like most Dead Sea hotels are fully booked for April 09 except a few which is too expensive for us. Does anyone have better suggestions on accommodation in Dead Sea for a 28 days treatment.

Thanks in Advance.

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,807 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Psoriatic Treatment Stay in Dead Sea

April is full with holidays and this why it is expensive and booked.

There was a recent thread on this subject, I'll find it and post it here. I cannot answer your questions, sorry.

israel
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,807 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Psoriatic Treatment Stay in Dead Sea

This is the link tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293984-i3332-k258…

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
75 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Psoriatic Treatment Stay in Dead Sea

Hi Shoshi,

Thank you for your reply & I have read your thread to me. We only have 29 March = 26 April 09 available whole of this year due to work.

I have contacted Gil's Guest rooms - Dead Sea Neve Zohar

(Neve Zohar 1 Km from Nirvana) and they have rooms available. How long is 1km drive to the DMZ clinic?

I hope Gramham or someone can help to answer no Qn 2 as I already emailed DMZ to understand better on the entire process of treatment, esp if we do not stay in Dead Sea hotel, if we can use the facilities there for free as a customer of DMZ.

israel
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,807 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Psoriatic Treatment Stay in Dead Sea

Gil from the guest house is involved in some way with Lot hotel, and has transport to the Ein Bokek area. I learned that from Graham. Email Gil and ask. I suppose Gil can answer your questions much better. Email or fax him. This way you might not need the car, or hire a car for a few days for touring. Check with Gil what other options are there for touring the area.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
75 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Psoriatic Treatment Stay in Dead Sea

Hi Shoshi,

Thanks for your reply. I contacted Gil's guesthouse and most of my queries were answered. May I ask how much does an average meal cost in Dead Sea say 1) lunch in of the hotel, 2) Mc Donald meal in the shopping centre or 3) a simple lunch/dinner in one of the resturant in Dead Sea?

For a a good 28 days treatment, we also need to estimate our expenses on food? Is there supermarket where I can buy fish, chicken, some vegetables, fruits to do some cooking back in guesthouse? Awaiting for your reply. Thanks.

israel
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,807 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Psoriatic Treatment Stay in Dead Sea

I don't know about prices in restaurants at the Dead Sea, but an avarage meal in a restaurant is about 80 shekels, without drinks. There is a McDonald branch there with the regular prices. A meal can be about 35-40 shekels. There is a minimarket in Ein Bokek too. But what makes more sense is to go to Arad, a town about 1/2 hour by bus. You can go there once every few days and buy what you need. Just pay attention to holidays and Saturdays as shops are closed. Dates of holidays are 8-9 April and 14-15 April and Saturdays. I am sure Gil (who I have never met, but maybe I should) will help you.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
473 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Psoriatic Treatment Stay in Dead Sea

Hi Lavendar_1107

If you have spoken to Gil or his father, Samy, you will know that they have a special arrangement with the Lot to use the hotel facilities. This includes the pool, spa, solarium and the beach, but not the services of the clinic. Gil can probably arrange a package with Dr Harari, or you can do that yourself.

Don't expect fantastic wireless connectivity anywhere in Ein Bokek. It just doesn't exist. I usually connect at the Lot and at Aroma, across the road.

I hope that you get the results you are looking for and do give us some feedback.

8. Re: Psoriatic Treatment Stay in Dead Sea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:38 am, October 21, 2009