We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Psoriasis Treatment at Dead Sea

Belfast
5 posts
Save Topic
Psoriasis Treatment at Dead Sea

Hi,

I am hoping to travel to the dead sea for treatments. I would like a hotel that is beside the sea and has a good spa, Can anyone help, thanks.

Ross.

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
141 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Psoriasis Treatment at Dead Sea

Sheraton Moria has a beach direct on the dead sea. This is not obvious today as the sea is really shrinking. The spa is OK, with various treatments

california
Level Contributor
732 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Psoriasis Treatment at Dead Sea

We enjoyed a brief stay at the Crowne Plaza Ein Bokek, which is right on the Dead Sea beach and has additional pools (fresh & salt water) and spa facilities and treatments available. Food in the Asian-fusion (kosher) restaurant was excellent, and the view east from our room was beautiful. Here is a link:

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/cp/1/en/hotel/ddsil;jsessionid=T1DZLOENWRGH4CTGWAJCIIQKM0YBUIY4?_requestid=286337

Level Contributor
21,533 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Psoriasis Treatment at Dead Sea

The new Isrotel is supposed to be quite good. The Daniel has a spa.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
11,546 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Psoriasis Treatment at Dead Sea

I second Ric's recommendation (and his newly updated photo!).

I may have a spa menu at home for the Crowne. I'll send you a private message if I can dig it up out of a pile of old travel stuff.

california
Level Contributor
732 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Psoriasis Treatment at Dead Sea

Dr. Drill (rhymes with Phil!), same back at you about your new photo!

Ric

Belfast
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Psoriasis Treatment at Dead Sea

Thanks for your help everyone, I have booked the Crowne Plaza on your recomendation for next month. Do you know if the weather will be good, ie strong enough to help my skin?

israel
Destination Expert
for Tel Aviv, Galilee, Israel
Level Contributor
14,916 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Psoriasis Treatment at Dead Sea

Most of the days will be sunny. Don't miss the atractions there, mainly Massada.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
473 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Psoriasis Treatment at Dead Sea

Ross,

I have written to you privately as I have a lot of experience with this.

Graham

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
3,604 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Psoriasis Treatment at Dead Sea

Respecting everyone's privacy, but since other people may be interested in this post, I will give a short answer.

I have a very close friend living here in Jerusalem, with psoriasis, and he usually spends 1-2 weeks at the Dead Sea in March-May or September-November. He suggests not to go during Jewish holidays, which weather-wise are perfect, but hotel-wise at least twice as expensive.

Belfast
5 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Psoriasis Treatment at Dead Sea

Thanks for your reply Debi, if you have the time could you ask your friend how he treats his psoriasis when he is there. Is it simply a case of sea and sun or can he recomend any clinics or special treatments that may be available, thanks again, Ross.