We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay in Finger Lakes?

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
311 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay in Finger Lakes?

Hi,

Can someone recommend a nice hotel with an outdoor pool, preferably on a lake anywhere in and around the finger lakes regions? We are going to be there for 2 nights, and don't really care which town we stay in.

Thanks alot!!!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
83 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay in Finger Lakes?

Geneva-on-the-Lake fits the bill http://www.genevaonthelake.com/. The Hampton Inn in Geneva has an INDOOR pool, I believe, but you can cross the street, head to the state park, and swim in the lake (bring water shoes - zebra mussels hurt your toesies).

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay in Finger Lakes?

A word of warning about Geneva on the Lake. A friend of mine recently stayed there for a scheduled 3-night stay and left after one night saying the room was horribly dirty (food remains/crumbs in the cabinets, stains on the carpets, and what she called "unspeakable ca-ca" smeared on the bathroom walls) and the food was sub-par at best. You may want to check out some of the reviews here on TA if you're considering it.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
957 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay in Finger Lakes?

We are heading up again this year first weekend in October - we are staying at Longhouse Lodge/Motel and well, guess we'll see how it works out.

We've stayed at the Rainbow Cove Motel 2 years ago and it was very nice and clean.

We stayed at Admiral PeaBody's Cabins last year and they were so cute and cozy!

We also stayed at Bellhurst Castle 3 years ago and were loving it however, I didn't like the drive all the way up there from the wineries (which is why we go up).