We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winery suggestions

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
88 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Winery suggestions

Hi, we will be in Watkins glen in 2 weeks and would like to visit a winery. There are so many that I have seen its impossible to pick one. We would like to visit one (or 2) with a great view, no large crowds, my hubby likes semi-sweet and I like sweet wine. We are certainly not wine snobs and are newbies at this (we prob won't be able to tell the difference between qualities). So with that being said, the scenery is probably the most important to us. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Watkins Glen
Watkins Glen
Finger Lakes, NY
Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
560 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Winery suggestions

I liked Lamoreaux Landing on the east side of Seneca. I think it is the combination of the view and the building being so impressive. On the west side, I enjoyed Miles. It's right on the lake (with a dock...one of the few that are boat accessible) and tastings are done in this old white columned mansion (or they were when I was there). I'm sure there are others but those are the two I most recall.

Lodi, New York
Level Contributor
733 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Winery suggestions

I would recommend Atwater Estate Vineyards. They have a fabulous view (with a deck) in a relaxed setting and wines that would suit your palates. There's also a very cool microbrewery next door, Two Goats!

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
1,203 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Winery suggestions

If you only want to do one or two wineries, I suggest you confine your search to one side of one of the lakes. Lamoreaux Landing, mentioned above, is a great choice. Right next door is Wagner, which is a winery and brew pub with a restaurant on-site for lunch. They do more of the semi-sweet and sweet wines you may be after. And for a different change of pace, also on the same side of Seneca as Lamoreaux and Wagner, is Hazlitt, which also has some sweeter wines and is a lot of fun to visit. I'll give one more pitch for Red Newt (on the same side of Seneca and close to Watkins Glen). They have a winery and a restaurant which is open for both lunch and dinner.

Mentioned in this post
Watkins Glen
Watkins Glen
Finger Lakes, NY
4. Re: Winery suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:18 pm, June 20, 2013