We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B & B help

Luzerne, PA
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Topic
B & B help

My wife and I are planning our first trip to the Finger Lakes (are first trip of any sort since the birth of our daughter in October!). We are looking for a bed and breakfast in the Watkins Glen vicinity (really, anywhere in close proximity to Seneca lake and Cayuga lake). Here is the one caveat, though:

I like B&B's, but I like bigger B&B's. For example, we stayed at the Settlers Inn in Hawley, PA (don't know if anyone is familar with it), and we had an amazing time. Probably has about 20 guestrooms, with a dining room the doubles as a restaraunt for the public. My reasoning for this preference is that I am somewhat shy around people I don't know. I'm not backward by any means, just a little shy. So, I enjoyed our trip to the Settlers Inn because there was a larger "group" atmosphere.

Any suggestions for a B&B in the area matching my (odd!) criteria?

Thanks for the help.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
560 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B & B help

Idlewild has 10 rooms....that's pretty good size....

http://www.idlwildeinn.com/

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
1,183 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: B & B help

If you're willing to compromise on the B&B thing (so many in the Finger Lakes are on the smaller side), you may be interested in the Inn at Glenora Winery. It's a small inn with large rooms (and large bathrooms), each with a priviate deck/patio with adirondack chairs. Mini fridge (we packed our own breakfast), free wine with check-in. But breakfast at the hotel restaurant is extra. The restaurant serves all day, breakfast, lucnch, late afternoon fare and dinner. Views of Seneca Lake.

Luzerne, PA
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: B & B help

Thanks for the responses so far...Glenora looks pretty nice.

Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
560 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: B & B help

Actually, Idlewood has 16 rooms.

Luzerne, PA
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: B & B help

Idlewild seems nice and reasonably priced...Definitely a plus for me that it has 16 rooms. Thanks to all who commented!!

6. Re: B & B help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, September 29, 2009