We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Why the east side?

Placitas, New Mexico
Level Contributor
73 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Why the east side?

Have been reading a few (not a heavily trafficked forum) posts on the Finger Lakes, but I saw a couple posts that say, "stay east"., ie I'm guessing on the Rt. 414 side of Seneca Lake. How come?

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
1,185 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Why the east side?

We stayed on the eastern shore of Seneca Lake for the first time this year (we typically stay in the Penn Yan area and a couple of times on the western shore of Seneca). The two benefits in my mind of the eastern shore: spectacular sunset views and a couple of great restaurants nearby (Stonecat Cafe, Suzanne's Fine Regional Cuisine and Red Newt Bistro). There's also a little less traffic on the highway on that side. At least that's the way it seemed to me.

2. Re: Why the east side?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:21 am, September 03, 2009