We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ishasha on the way from Mewya to Buhoma?

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
612 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
Ishasha on the way from Mewya to Buhoma?

We will depart Queen Elizabeth Bush Lodge to head to Buhoma with our car and driver. Does this route take us through Ishasha? Or is Ishasha out of the way. It's already a long drive, so I'm wondering if it's worth out time to try to stop and see the climbing lions. How long will the drive take with and without a detour to Ishasha? Thank you!

Oakland, CA
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Ishasha on the way from Mewya to Buhoma?

I didnt see a python, but the guide picked up a snakeskin on a stick and showed it to me. Do't know if it was the famoius python, or another snake's skin

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,189 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Ishasha on the way from Mewya to Buhoma?

Depends if it was 10 metres long or not. If it was, it was. If it was not it was not!

Oakland, CA
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Ishasha on the way from Mewya to Buhoma?

oh...then it wasn't THE python!

san francisco
Level Contributor
644 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Ishasha on the way from Mewya to Buhoma?

We stayed a couple nights in Ishasha and it was my favorite part of the trip.

I know everyone talks about the tree-climbing lions, but I liked many other things about it like a pair of bachelor lions across the road from a herd of whistling kob.

We saw the tree-climbing lions. Big deal, lions sitting in trees, doing nothing -- until someone with another "guide" got out of the vehicle to have a smoke. The lion took notice of that!! Fortunately my guide screamed at him to get back in the car.

- Bill

Edited: 7:37 pm, November 28, 2012
Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,189 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Ishasha on the way from Mewya to Buhoma?

Shuddov kept quiet. that would have made a great video!

san francisco
Level Contributor
644 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Ishasha on the way from Mewya to Buhoma?

You're BAD !! lol

Kampala
Level Contributor
3,256 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Ishasha on the way from Mewya to Buhoma?

have you only just worked this out? When are you and Em coming back Bill?

Oakland, CA
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Ishasha on the way from Mewya to Buhoma?

Bill, I'm glad you wrote that about Ishasha. If it were just lions in the trees, I cold pass, but if there is other interesting stuff...well, still dreaming. The bills from this summer's trip are taking much longer than i'd anticipated to pay down.

I paid for everything via credit card on this month long trip to Uganda and Kenya, if only to get the FF miles. I might do it differently next time, so upon return, i won't have to face the music from the bank!

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
37,189 posts
360 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Ishasha on the way from Mewya to Buhoma?

Ishasha is good. I shall be staying there again soon. I like the "drive" up to Lake Edward and the Ellies are fun too. Arboreal Lions are just a ten minute curiosity (unlesss I can persuade someone to get out for a smoke or some other reason!)

20. Re: Ishasha on the way from Mewya to Buhoma?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, December 16, 2013