We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zanzibar

Connecticut
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Zanzibar

Hi, Was just reading your post and your itinarary. It sounded great.

I wonder if you have more information.

My husband and I both senior citizens want to spend about five weeks in Zanzibar.

We like snorkeling, beach bars. dancing. sight seeing etc.

I just don't know where in the island to stay. Each seems to have its own appeal, but worry that moving around all the time will be too much.

Do you have any advice, places that you can recomend? We actually would like a self catering unit as it get very tiresome having to eat out all the time.

Any info you could give would be so appreciated. Thank you.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Zanzibar

It looks like you meant to send this as a private message to someone. :)

Connecticut
Level Contributor
14 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Zanzibar

Yes, I thought I had sent a private message. Sorry to bother you.'

Mind you....do you know anything about Zanzibar? I find the information posted on it to be the most confusing I have ever encountered, and I've encountered a lot!

Any help would be appreciated...just read that some of the beaches are full of sea week in January..true?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Zanzibar

There's a lot of information in here and it can be difficult to sift through it all!

I'm not sure what you mean by "sea week"?

I haven't been yet, but my wife and I are scheduled to be there the first week of January after a short safari. We're staying at the Kichanga lodge in for Michamvi (a quite beach near Paje). After 4 days there, we'll stay at Emerson Spice in stone town for 2 nights.

4. Re: Zanzibar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 am, December 16, 2013