We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fox safari camps in Ruaha

Bergen, Hordaland...
1 post
Save Topic
Fox safari camps in Ruaha

Anyone that have experice with safaris with the Fox safari company and the Ruaha rivercamp. We are 2 adult and 2 children (10 &12). It's the childrens first time at safari.

12 replies to this topic
Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,730 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fox safari camps in Ruaha

Hi,

I haven't used them but they are a well-established and respected firm.

Have you searched on here for reviews or comments about them? (Search box above your post).

What time of year are you going? How long for? Are you combining Ruaha with other destinations, eg Selous, Zanzibar?

State College, Pa
Level Contributor
774 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fox safari camps in Ruaha

Enjoyed two great safaris with Foxes in 2005 and 2007. The Ruaha River Lodge provided all we needed for wonderful time. First year the three of us had small cottage right near the river and were treated to hippos, waterbuck, and elephant right at doorstep. Lion strolled thru the area one night with tracks less than couple hundred meters of cottage. During the 2007 visit the wife and I enjoyed stay in newer cottage again with wildlife right at front door. Food was very good, staff quite friendly, driver and guide knew their stuff and game drives were enjoyable. Would not hesitate to consider Foxes again. Guide Josephat was with us both times and more than met our expectations.

Findlay, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Tanzania, Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Level Contributor
12,484 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fox safari camps in Ruaha

The Fox family has been in Tanzania for years, and is well respected.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
72 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fox safari camps in Ruaha

We looked at Fox as they had some very good reviews on this forum. We ended up booking Kigelia (Ruaha NP) and Amara (Selous). You may want to check if there is no promotional offer when you are going. As we travel with three children, for us the child discount made a big difference in our budget.

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
6,904 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Fox safari camps in Ruaha

How could I have missed this the first time round.

I have stayed at Ruaha River Lodge many times. I prefer a trip of min 5 nights. Plenty of time to explore and check out the river and wildlife.

Ruaha River Lodge is right on the river and fantastic. One of my favourite lodges in Tanzania.

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fox safari camps in Ruaha

We spent 3 nights at Ruaha River lodge in Oct 2011 and had great game viewing with lots of lion & elephant etc. The lodge was comfortable with pleasant views from each hut onto river pools. There was abit of driving each day to get to best game areas. We also spent 3 days at Katavi with Fox and that was even better than Ruaha. Hardly any people in either NP. Flights also run by Fox.

Tony Fernie

melbourne
Destination Expert
for Tanzania
Level Contributor
6,904 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Fox safari camps in Ruaha

Tony

Hi

Ruaha River lodge is one of my favourite places in tz.

Can you expand on your comment Katavi was even better? In what way? wildlife, lodging or just being by your self.

8. Re: Fox safari camps in Ruaha

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:05 am, January 30, 2014

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,490 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fox safari camps in Ruaha

One always wonders why a 14 month-old post, inactive for 11 1/2 months, is brought back to the top of the forum by a new poster with no question, just an endorsement based on experiences from over 3 years ago...

so lucky - just in time to stop the thread being closed due to inactivity after 12 months thing...

Level Contributor
19 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fox safari camps in Ruaha

we stayed at river lodge owned by the Fox family and run by Mitty this last year. it was a great place! very special. you can't go wrong here.

Reply to: Fox safari camps in Ruaha
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ruaha National Park
More Ruaha National Park Topics