We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Benguerra Lodge vs. Marlin Lodge

Gulfport ,MS
2 posts
Save Topic
Benguerra Lodge vs. Marlin Lodge

My fiance and I are planning a trip in October to Benguerra Island. The rooms are sold out at the Marlin except for the Executive Suite. We were not planning on spending as much as they are requesting for this room at the Marlin.

The comments about the Benguerra lodge make me hesitate. Has anyone been to Benguerra Lodge recently and does anyone know if the heat is intolerable without a/c at Benguerra Lodge in October?

1. Re: Benguerra Lodge vs. Marlin Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:35 am, December 30, 2011
London
Level Contributor
14 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Benguerra Lodge vs. Marlin Lodge

Mike - which would you recommend - Benguerra or Marlin lodge? And what justifies the cost difference...

3. Re: Benguerra Lodge vs. Marlin Lodge

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:35 am, December 30, 2011
London
Level Contributor
14 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Benguerra Lodge vs. Marlin Lodge

Mike - thanks so much for the honest response - really appreciate it

nyc
Level Contributor
2 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Benguerra Lodge vs. Marlin Lodge

My fiance and I are planning to go to Mozambique in May 2007 for our honeymoon. Some of the reviews of Benguerra Lodge are quite alarming. Has anyone stayed there recently? We can't decide whether to stay there or at Marlin. We're looking for a luxurious, relaxing experience. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Seattle, USA
Level Contributor
274 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Benguerra Lodge vs. Marlin Lodge

We have stayed at both Marlin and Benguerra lodges in 2005. Marlin is a large lodge that feels more like a hotel. Benguerra is much more intimate and provides an opportunity to meet and interact with others. We thought Marlin was primarily a fishing lodge. The setting at Marlin is much out in the open and not very welcoming. Benguerra, on the other hand, has a stunning setting in the trees. It would be Benguerra for me in a hearbeat. Having said that, we much prefer Quilalea in the north of Mozambique off of Pemba. The setting and facilities are excellent.

nyc
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Benguerra Lodge vs. Marlin Lodge

Has anyone stayted at Dugong Lodge? We will be visiting Moz next Sept for 5 nights, looking to split our time between Benguerra Lodge and somewhere else (either Marlin, Dugong, or Indigo). We like rustic luxury, and want to avoid a cookie-cutter resort. All feedback is welcome.

Thank you!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Benguerra Lodge vs. Marlin Lodge

As I've just posted to the last question, I returned from a week at Benguerra on the 2nd December so feel well qualified to answer any questions.

Also my review should be up in a few days time.

If you are still considering Benguerra then let me answer your questions.

Liz

nyc
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Benguerra Lodge vs. Marlin Lodge

Great - look forward to hearing your thoughts! We have booked Dugong Lodge for 2 nights, followed by honeymoon suite at benguerra for 3 nights.

10. Re: Benguerra Lodge vs. Marlin Lodge

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 9:20 am, August 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Benguerra Island
More Benguerra Island Topics