We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Benguerra Lodge - is it really that bad?!

London
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Benguerra Lodge - is it really that bad?!

We have booked up to spend 5 days at Benguerra Lodge next May for our honeymoon and from reading the varied results from this site I am know considering booking elsewhere. Is it really that bad???! Can anyone help?

Cape Town
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Benguerra Lodge - is it really that bad?!

NO NO NO!!!!

Benguerra is a lovely lodge that is enjoyed by countless people. My parents spent 5 nights there in December 2006 in the honeymoon chalet for their 30th anniversary and really loved it!

The acocmadation was superb - they did have their own pool - the food was delicious and the only complaint was that they felt like they had put on 5 kg's when they got back! The diving was great (4 dives) and the staff were lovely and very attentative...

My mom also had a number of massages and said they were some of the best she has ever had - she is a qualified massage therapist herself.

My parents are well travelled and stay in a range of acocmadation from 5* Safari Lodges to doing walking safaris in Zambia to barging in France.

I have seen a number of other lodges I have stayed in get slated by one or two unhappy person and it seems to cause a total furor!

Why do people always love to believe the worst!??!!? Bad news always travels faster than good for some strange reason! If in doubt contact the lodge and ask them to send you copies of their guestbook or such Like!

Try and keep an open mind and have a wonderful honeymoon

Get answers to your questions about Benguerra Island