We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Snorkelling at Tropical attitude

Lahore, Pakistan
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Snorkelling at Tropical attitude

We are travelling to tropical hotel in April 2013. Would there be snorkelling gear easily available in trou d'eu douce? if not what are the best places to purchase them from our way to the resort from the airport? does the hotel rents? what is better to buy or rent? Can we get them from the shops nearby? how much would it cost?

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Snorkelling at Tropical attitude

From personal experience I prefer to have my own gear - especially snorkel! We bought our stuff before we went to Mauritius to ensure that we got exactly what we wanted and that it worked properly. We could also then shop around at leisure to make sure we got a good deal. Your hotel is on the east coast so not very close to shops, I'm afraid.

Most hotels have snorkeling equipment which you can use for free but only on organised snorkeling trips on the hotel boat. I've had a look at Tropical Attitude's website and don't see mention on snorkeling trips - only glass bottom boat trips so I'm not sure if they do snorkeling trips. Perhaps someone who has stayed there could help us here.

London, United...
Level Contributor
726 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Snorkelling at Tropical attitude

The hotel provides the snorkelling equipment & there's a glass bottom boat trip daily, which provides snorkelling opportunities.

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
19,164 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Snorkelling at Tropical attitude

Many of the supermarkets in Mauritius sell cheap snorkel/mask sets, not the best quality but more hygienic than a snorkel used by others.

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Snorkelling at Tropical attitude

Thanks, Poppy!!!

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
35 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Snorkelling at Tropical attitude

Always better to take your own snorkelling gear if space allows.

Visiting Hotel Bougainville for a week in mid September this year.

What is the snorkelling like there ?

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Snorkelling at Tropical attitude

Hi there

It's probably better to start at new thread with your question as it's specific to a different hotel.

Kind regards

Dee

Cape Town, South...
Level Contributor
35 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Snorkelling at Tropical attitude

Thanks Dee , will do !!

8. Re: Snorkelling at Tropical attitude

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, March 08, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Trou d'eau Douce