We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reg: Weather in November

Chennai (Madras...
1 post
Save Topic
Reg: Weather in November

Hi,

I am planning for a honeymoon in mid-November..Can someone tell me how the weather would be and is it a good place to visit during november?

Thanks

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
40,547 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reg: Weather in November

Hi indeed it is - November is peak season and a good month to visit with summer just starting. Its not too hot or humid then as it is Janurary to March.

See the annual averages here:

www.world-weather-travellers-guide.com

Bronia :)

Edited: 6:19 am, July 31, 2012
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,349 posts
1,840 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reg: Weather in November

The Mauritian summer has started but it does not have the heat and humidity that December brings.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
34 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reg: Weather in November

i went on my honemoon in November and weather was perfect. We were there for 9 days, 1 day it rained very heavily all day, the other 8 were dry and sunny and hot, probably 25-30'c each day. in my opinion - perfect!

London
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Reg: Weather in November

November and December are the start of the cyclonic period but that doesn't need to scare you at any cost...they would not hit the country during this these 2 months...normally jamnuary or feb...which leaves the temperature within the range of 25-30 degrees hence absolutely perfect for a holiday. So i wouldnot worry much about that at all...!

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
40,547 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reg: Weather in November

Statistically most tropical depressions and storms occur January to March, peaking in February. November you have nothing to worry about.

Last summer was hotter and more humid than the norm and we had some tropical depressions form way out in the Indian Ocean late November but they quickly dissipated.

Rainfall was low - the rains we usually get Jan-March were late and we had water rationing, but it rained quite a lot from late March to May.

So no need to worry about cyclones in November.

Bronia

London, United...
Level Contributor
726 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reg: Weather in November

Agree with bronia on the rare occasion they happen, it's normally February.

November is a great month to choose.

Have a great trip!

7. Re: Reg: Weather in November

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, August 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Trou d'eau Douce