We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Silver Beach - Beach Towels Provided?

stafordian
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Silver Beach - Beach Towels Provided?

We were due to fly to Thailand on Monday but our plans were cancelled due to the volcanic ash. We have now rearranged and are flying to Mauritius on 2 May.

This destination was always my husbands first choice, we are looking forward to this trip very much.

I have a couple of questions though, does the Silver Beach provide beach towels and hairdryers as this would leave me room in my case for lots more clothes!!!! and is it worth hiring a car for a look around the island as it seems the hotel is fairly isolated (which is a bonus for me).

Anne

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
39,020 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Silver Beach - Beach Towels Provided?

I can sympathise with you! I'm due to fly out to Mauritius Saturday and have been having kittens all week, but things looking good now.

Silver Beach provides beachtowels, hairdryers, safe and minibar so more room for your clothes. (Very important!)

We always hire a car for the total duration, but you can hire a car for a couple of days at a time. Well worth it, as armed with a good little compact guidebook like Globetrotters Guide to Mauritius, with good pull out map, you can see what you want when you want at your own pace.

Driving is on the left same as the UK.

Silver Beach is isolated like all hotels on the east.

We will be north of you at Belle Mare Plage!

Have a lovely holiday,

Best Wishes

Bronia :-)

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Silver Beach - Beach Towels Provided?

I sympathise too. Having seen your posts on the Khao Lak forum I think we were both meant to be on the same flight!

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,020 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Silver Beach - Beach Towels Provided?

Rob can't you come to Mauritius????

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Silver Beach - Beach Towels Provided?

Is that an offer I can't refuse Bronia ;-)

Joking aside, we're working on it. We elected to cancel completely as we are slightly restricted with dates due to work commitments but if the price came in right for MRU in a time where we could we'd be on it.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
39,020 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Silver Beach - Beach Towels Provided?

No you can't refuse Rob! ;)

Keep working on it, who knows, we might see you there?

So sorry you had your flight cancelled Monday.

It took BA to force the CAA and government's hand on this one, and not before time.

Lots of stress for lots of travellers.

Good luck with your searching Rob,

All the Best,

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Silver Beach - Beach Towels Provided?

Cheers Bronia,

It might work out and i'll be back at The Sands. Not sure I can feed my Sands and new found Maldives addiction in the same year though!

stafordian
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Silver Beach - Beach Towels Provided?

Bronia - thank you for your reply, destination experts always offer such great advice.

Rob - I think you are right we should have been on the same flight and I was disappointed as Thailand has been on my wish list for some time and Le Meridien sounded fabulous, it also looks like you live very close to me in the UK (small world!!!)

I am looking forward to my holiday in Mauritius as I am a big fan of anywhere in the Indian Ocean since visiting the Maldives, so I am hoping to do some snorkelling (hopfully on the hotel beach)

Thanks again,

Anne

Edited: 12:55 pm, April 21, 2010
Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Silver Beach - Beach Towels Provided?

Hi Anne,

Indeed, small world. We were looking forward to Khao Lak and Le M also. Onwards and upwards though as they say. Have a great time in MRU.

Cheers

Rob

Bungay, United...
Level Contributor
208 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Silver Beach - Beach Towels Provided?

Hi Anne,

you will have great time at the SBC, like you we are fans of the Maldives, having done them 7 times [8th in feb 11].

there are beach towels provided which can be changed everyday.

we holidayed here 2 yrs ago & are returning at the end of may . we like the charm & peacefull atmosphereof the whole area , but with taxis,& buses its easy to get out& about to experience the mauritian way of life.

have a fab time

regards jude60

10. Re: Silver Beach - Beach Towels Provided?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, October 25, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Trou d'eau Douce