We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

beach towels & weather beginning MARCH at silver beach

Which Trou d'eau Douce hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
north west England
4 posts
Save Topic
beach towels & weather beginning MARCH at silver beach

Hi,

two seperate questions on this one:we have just booked to go to silver beach without thinking about the weather!! Foolish now we realise!! Anyone ever been end of Feb or first two weeks March-is it as rainy as it sounds ??

Also could anyone tell me whether there are beach towels provided by the Hotel for the sun loungers or do we need to take our own ??

Thanks

anita

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
38,463 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: beach towels & weather beginning MARCH at silver beach

Hi Anita,

I like your username! I've been in March and we didn't have rain but it was hot and humid but the hotel A/C takes care of that! Highest rainfall is probably February, and to a lesser extent March, though it all depends on luck. You may get the odd shower, don't worry.

All hotels from 3* upawards provide beach towels, so no need to take your own.

With it being summer you won't have to worry about the wind on the east coast. Yes, there's a breeze, but it helps mitigate the heat and humidity!

Have a lovely time,

Best wishes,

Bronia :)

Birmingham
14 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: beach towels & weather beginning MARCH at silver beach

Hi, we stayed at the Silver Beach in October, it's a lovely hotel, can't wait to go back again in a couple of years hopefully.

You can get fresh beach towels daily from the wooden hut by the pool. They say you can't take them out on trips, but most people did including us. As long as you return them, you won't be charged for them.

The hotel isn't posh but it's clean and friendly, very relaxing atmosphere. The staff are first class and look after you very well.

Food is excellent, be prepared to gain a few pounds.

There is a breeze on this side of the island, but we prefer this as you don't get hot and sticky, but beware the sun is quite strong even if it doesn't feel it.

I'm sure you will have a fantastic holiday.

Dumbo

Wiltshire
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: beach towels & weather beginning MARCH at silver beach

Hi Anita,

My partner (Margaret) and I are going to the Silver Beach Hotel 7th - 21st March. Like you, we haven't been before but on reading the reviews, I think it should be a pleasant experience. The service and food sounds excellent. Fingers crossed!!

Regards

Brian

north west England
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: beach towels & weather beginning MARCH at silver beach

Hi Bronia

thanks so much for your message, so sorry its taken so long to reply back. You have put our mind at rest, we have read nothing but good reports so hope the weather is with us and my username won't come true.

thanks again

anita

north west England
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: beach towels & weather beginning MARCH at silver beach

Hi Dumbo

THanks for your message, so sorry for delay. thanks for info and re-assurance, hopefully we'll have as good a time as you sound like you had.

thanks again for info

anita

north west England
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: beach towels & weather beginning MARCH at silver beach

Hi brian and margaret

we'll all be there at the same time, so if its raining we'll get wet together and have a few beers at the same time. Here's looking forward to meeting you.

all the best for a good holiday

anita

7. Re: beach towels & weather beginning MARCH at silver beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, October 17, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Trou d'eau Douce