We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visit to Mauritius

Bengaluru, India
2 posts
Save Topic
Visit to Mauritius

Hi All,

Planning for a trip to Mauritius and still undecided on the place of stay. Need inputs on resorts between Jalsa / Casuarina.

1. Re: Visit to Mauritius

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:35 am, May 30, 2012
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,007 posts
1,794 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visit to Mauritius

Casuarina is the older resort but better and is near Grand Baie.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
39,572 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visit to Mauritius

Stayed at Casuarina and its definitely the best location but the rooms are dated. Jalsa I visited - modern rooms and newish but very much in an isolated position north east at Post Lafayette.

New Delhi, Delhi...
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visit to Mauritius

Hi Bronia,

Seem u r expert for Mauritius, I am also visiting in July end and confused between Casurina or La Plantation. Please advice.

Also someone told me that it would be winters at that time, do we need to bring warm clothes too??

Ur help will be appreciated, thanks in advance

Regards

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
39,572 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visit to Mauritius

La Plantation markets itself as a 4* and Casuarina is a 3*.

Given the choice I would still opt for Casuarina.

Despite some people saying LP is a good resort a lot of us on this forum disagree.

I looked around, didnt stay, and wasn't at all impressed - looked shabby to me.

Its part of Apavou group who have had their Indian Resort at Le Morne closed down for improvements for a couple of months recently.

Another hotel in their portfolio was sold off to another group last year - it was pretty dire. So LP is the only one in Mauritius they now have operative.

Check out

www.apavou-hotels.com

Its reviews are very much a mixed bag.

Yes bring a light wrap as its sometimes cool i nthe evenings.

Regards

Bronia :)

Edited: 8:56 am, June 14, 2012
New Delhi, Delhi...
Level Contributor
26 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Visit to Mauritius

Thanks Bronia,

I have booked Casurina, will be going in end of july. Thanks for headup will surely bring some light woolen too.

Will share all my experience soon

Regards

Edited: 6:32 am, June 16, 2012
7. Re: Visit to Mauritius

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:42 am, June 21, 2013