We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1/2 Day Tours Mauritius

Which Trou aux Biches hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
1/2 Day Tours Mauritius

I will be staying in Le Morne for a week and would like to do a couple of 1/2 day tours. My holiday is going to be mainly relaxing around the resort, however I feel I should see some of this beautiful island. Le Morne is situated on the South West Corner beside a lagoon. So I think I will not have to travel all the way to lle Aux Cerfs to see beautiful clear waters for snorkelling. If anyone can suggest what is good to see in my 1/2 day tours it would be appreciated.

Are the Pamplemousse Gardens worth a visit? And how "Good" is Grand Baie? - Has anyone been to the Balaclava Ruins? - Is Eureka House worth a visit. And is the French Architecture in Port Louis a great photo opportunity?

Kind regards

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
4,946 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1/2 Day Tours Mauritius

Hi there

I'd stick to seeing sites in the southern part of the island. Avoid travelling through Port Louis as the traffic is a bit of a nightmare and will take up a lot of your time. In the south you can visit Chamarel coloured earth, Chamarel waterfall, Casela bird park, Black River Gorges National Park, Grand Bassin etc.

We've stayed at Paradis on Le Morne peninsular and enjoyed the snorkelling very much - both off the glass bottom boat and from the shore.

We have also stayed in Grand Baie and visited Pamplemousse Gardens while staying there. I don't think it's worth fighting through Port Louis to visit either on a half day tour. If you want to see the North I would suggest that you make a day of it so that you can avoid Port Louis at peak traffic times.

Have a lovely holiday when it arrives. Mauritius is really special. We are heading off for our 4th trip in about 7 weeks time. The bug really bit us when we went the first time!!!

Regards

Dee

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
18,263 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1/2 Day Tours Mauritius

Excellent advice from Dee. I would agree with you that it's not worth taking a day out to visit Ile aux Cerfs and on a 7 day holiday would only have a couple of half days out. Restrict yourselves to south of Port Louis and in answer to your question, no I don't think the French architecture is worth tolerating the traffic jams.

There are other Creole houses besides Eureka which is good I might add, there's St. Aubin which also have a rum distillery, (the traditional kind) with free samples.

Have a great holiday

Mazza :-)

3. Re: 1/2 Day Tours Mauritius

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 7:05 pm, March 14, 2012
UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
38,024 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1/2 Day Tours Mauritius

And this will go the same way as your other adverts on TA today I suspect Nilesh.........

Mauritius
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: 1/2 Day Tours Mauritius

Hello,

If you like snorkelling, I would suggest you go to the marine park of Blue Bay, which is near the Airport.

6. Re: 1/2 Day Tours Mauritius

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:41 am, June 18, 2013