We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Marina

Bournemouth, United...
1 post
Save Topic
Casa Marina

Has anyone been to Casa Marina in Maurtitous, we are going in 6 weeks and would like to know the following before we go:

What is the dress code is for evening dinner. We have been to lots of countries before where it says no shorts etc but everyone esle is wearing them, we have taken long trousers, which we dont mind but they take up a lot of luggage space, and smart long shorts are more convenient. I think we miss the memo ;-)

How does tipping work, is it daily or weekly and in what currency?

What are the payment methods for using the boats and water sports equipment?

Any Info would be much appreciated :-)

Thanks ManCub7

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
19,007 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Marina

Sorry I don't know Casa Marina but dress code in hotels in Mauritius is usually smart/casual, no shorts and no flip flops to dinner. I have seen people turned away from restaurants for turning up rather too casually dressed.

Always tip in Mauritian Rupees. The locals can't exchange £sterling, euros or USDollars easily. You will need the local currency for taxis, shopping etc. We usually use a credit card for trips, tours, larger purchases and extras at hotel.

Have a great holiday

Mazza :-)

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
40,010 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Marina

Do you mean Casuarina?

www.hotel-casuarina.com

Bronia :)

bedfordshire
Level Contributor
293 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Marina

hi.....we have been to the casa marina...but it was in the dominican republic...caribbean....have you got the right island????? it was fantastic!!!!

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
40,010 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa Marina

Crystal I think they meant the Casuarina at Trou aux Biches...at least I think so! :)

bedfordshire
Level Contributor
293 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa Marina

well we all know i have booked Paul & Virginie..but should I change it o Maritim

6. Re: Casa Marina

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 08, 2013