We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

August - just how windy is it really at Trou aux Biches?

Which Trou aux Biches hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
HK
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Topic
August - just how windy is it really at Trou aux Biches?

Hi - I am getting a lot of contradictory advice as to how windy it is in Trou aux Biches in August.

Some say that it is only a gentle breeze, becasue the winds are in South and East of the Island, not in NW. Others say that it is very windy and you can't even hold a newspaper on the beach without it flying away...

What is the truth?!

I am planning to stay at Trou aux Biches Resort & Spa.

Thanks!

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
37,522 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: August - just how windy is it really at Trou aux Biches?

I find it difficult some days to read my paper on the beach (north and west) yes but generally Trou aux Biches is less breezy than the south and east. The breeze varies from day to day with some days not even a breath of wind. July and August are the windiest when the south easterly trade winds are at their height yes so maybe reconsider what month you visit if thats an issue?

Have you seen Skymaps comprehensive map of weather patterns for the island?

www.world-weather-travellers-guide.com

Its very useful to see which parts of the island has the better weather at various times of year.

Regards

Bronia :)

2. Re: August - just how windy is it really at Trou aux Biches?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 am, October 10, 2012