We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive or half board?..

Cmbria
1 post
Save Topic
All inclusive or half board?..

I'm booking my honeymoon in Mauritius in September, we've found a really good deal at Trou Aux Biches. Our only concern is that my Fiance has heard that the price of drinks etc is very expensive. Has anyone found this to be the case?

We were wondering if we may be better going All Inclusive but a lot of the nicer hotels don't seem to offer this.

Any help would be much appreciated!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,181 posts
1,818 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All inclusive or half board?..

I think the price of drinks tend to be similarly priced to drinks in many other countries. Local wine and spirits are cheaper than imported stuff such as Bells Whisky.

However stores such as SuperU in Grand Baie is a short taxi ride away and you can always buy your alcohol there and stock up.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
40,033 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All inclusive or half board?..

Theres a small supermarket just below the roundabout at TAB called Popos and they have some good wines on offer sometimes as well as beer and other drinks. Worth a visit!

Bronia :)

3. Re: All inclusive or half board?..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, October 05, 2012