We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradis or Lux Le Morne (les pavillons)?

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Paradis or Lux Le Morne (les pavillons)?

Hi to all,

I am planning our honeymoon late September - beginning October in Mauritius. Have narrowed down my choices to Le Paradis (junior suite beach front, HB+lunch honeymoon offer) and to Lux Le Morne (ex les pavillons) - deluxe/honeymoon room HB.

Difference in price is notable but not decisive, comments and photos show two magnificent resorts, beach should be the same, location the same, so how do I choose??? From the photos I like a bit more Le Paradis, but ratings put Lux way more up, plus the room photos at Lux definitely are impressive. Some hints about us:

1) Absolutely no interest in golf or spa

2) not heavy drinkers neither eaters, usually we are fine with a good breakfast, a salad for lunch and then dinner. Alcohol is tops 2-3 beers both, or 2-3 glasses of wine both, or 1-2 long drinks. Sodas etc? Yes, quite a few and lots of coffee!

3) We prefer a quiet ambience, not thrilled with the idea of legions of kids screaming running around my sun lounger or dinner table

Thanks everyone in advance

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradis or Lux Le Morne (les pavillons)?

Ok, recent developments made this trip impossible in October, so we are considering late May or within June, questions remain the same though. Thanks!

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
39,028 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradis or Lux Le Morne (les pavillons)?

OK I havent stayed at either, but from memory I seem to recall that the Lux Le Morne had a refurb a year or so back so the rooms may be nicer. What would worry me is the building works next door...not sure if this is the new St Regis they are completing?

Paradis is an older and very well established resort and sister to next door Dinarobin with an excellent reputation.

Late May to June will be fine here on the south west peninsula, though it can get breezy in some areas, ie. towards the Indian Resort right on the end.

You really have to compare and contrast all the reviews and then decide.

If you book Lux Le Morne make sure you book rooms away from the building works or make sure the works will be completed before your stay.

Also you have lunch included at Paradis?

I know some regulars on here have been to Paradis and they may be better placed to help you more with your dilemma than I can!

Best Wishes,

Bronia :)

Edited: 9:16 am, January 27, 2012
Cape Town Central...
Level Contributor
20 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paradis or Lux Le Morne (les pavillons)?

We have stayed at Les Pavillons last April/May. We did have a fantastic time. Wonderful rooms, nice beach. They only started building after we left, but we saw the big sign on the beach where they were going to start building. I emailed them in November and they are supposed to open in May 2012 so there shouldn't be any buidling works.

Drinks are expensive at Les Pavillons, so even if you don't plan to drink a lot, I would go for the All Inclusive package. Then you don't need to worry about snacks, ice creams, drinks or anything.

Paradis we haven't stayed at, but I think the rooms at Les Pavillons are a bit more modern.

Le Morne is very remote and if you don't have a car you can't go anywhere.

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paradis or Lux Le Morne (les pavillons)?

Good point about the works, thanks to both for bringing it to my attention.

I will also consult about the AI prices, so far we have HB+lunch as a HM offer.

Remoteness is not a problem, we are considering just two excursions, one is at sea, so I guess this won't be a problem. Relaxing and quiet atmosphere is important, so no plans to go out to bars or other restaurants.

Thank you for the comments bronia and mousjes!

cape town
Level Contributor
21 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paradis or Lux Le Morne (les pavillons)?

Hello there,

I was at lux le morne in January 2012 and I must say it was wonderful.

We booked half board and I think it was perfect, as you can't just eat the whole day, you have to be able to swim too.

The breakfasts are enough to keep you full and you can always enjoy a light lunch at the Beach restaurant .

You won't see many children there and it's perfect for couples.

You may buy soft drinks at a supermarket on the way to the hotel and fill the bar fridge with those.

The rooms are beautifully decorated.

Hope this helps.....

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paradis or Lux Le Morne (les pavillons)?

Thanks a lot, sound like good ideas and useful feedback!

Actually our plans changed completely due to family reasons so this trip will have to wait until 2013, so...lots of time to decide :-)

Thank you all.

Paris
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Paradis or Lux Le Morne (les pavillons)?

Hello all,

Sorry for my English!

I am not native speaker :)

I would like to go to les Pavillons or le Paradis in May too. And I would like to know if the beach at Lux is longer than in le Paradis & if there is space enough on the beach (not too packed?)

My husband and I are fan of snorkeling. DO you know which hotel is the most appropriate for snorkeling? Can we snorkel directely from the beach or is there a boat to take?

Thank you all for your help!!

8. Re: Paradis or Lux Le Morne (les pavillons)?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:21 am, April 13, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Le Morne
Recent Conversations