We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather/Clothing in June/July

London
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Weather/Clothing in June/July

Hi

My husband and I are travelling to Mauritius on 25th June and staying for 7 nights at Les Pavillons.

Can anyone tell me what the weather is like in the evenings, and what sort of clothing I should pack? Will it be too cool to wear dresses to dinner? Should I rather pack trousers and jeans and jerseys? (Are jeans ok for the dress code?) Heels or flats?

Regards,

Tracy

Karlos Excursions
Swim with Dolphins, Boat Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Speed Boats Tours
Le Morne Brabant
Geologic Formations, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Crystal Rock
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Le Morne Kite School
Gear Rentals, Surfing, Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
Birmingham
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather/Clothing in June/July

Hi

My wife and i returned from Mauritius on Sunday (13th June) and the evenings were around the 18 degree mark it was plenty warm enough for shorts but be aware a lot of restaurants do require men to wear long trousers but we did see people wearing jeans and did not seem to be a problem

Hope this message helps you

Have a wonderful holiday

regards

Dave

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
42,029 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather/Clothing in June/July

Hi Tracy,

In winter the temperature drops in the evenings a little, sometimes you notice it and need a pashmina or something light to cover shoulders, other times its OK. No heavy woolies though!

Dresses, jeans, heels, flats, sandals are all OK for evenings.

In general shorts are frowned upon in restaurants and some

men have been quietly asked to change into jeans or long trousers by hotel staff.

Have a lovely holiday,

Regards

Bronia :)

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
21,864 posts
1,917 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather/Clothing in June/July

Its useful to have a top or light cardy for the evening if you are going out.

I have worn jeans and trainers for evening dinner without a problems but I also take trousers with me as well.

London
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather/Clothing in June/July

Thanks to all for your comments.

My husband wouldn't dream of wearing shorts to any restaurant, so he'll be fine - he has plenty nice trousers and short/long sleeve shirts that are suitable for any weather.

It's me that's the problem - he always complains that I overpack, as I always need things just in case this and just in case that. I think our hotter holidays to the Maldives/Seychelles/Thailand were so much easier as light dresses were all I needed...I think for Mauritius I'm going to need more options!

Thanks again.

5. Re: Weather/Clothing in June/July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, December 14, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Le Morne