We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Mauritius in February

Torquay
3 posts
Save Topic
Weather in Mauritius in February

We are having to change our wedding/honeymoon from St Lucia because of a problem with the Hotel and would love to go to Mauritius but we are worried about it raining because it's meant to be the worst time in February for rain. Has anyone been in February and could reassure us?

1. Re: Weather in Mauritius in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:14 am, September 21, 2008
mand_jo
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Mauritius in February

Hi there,

we are thinking of doing the same in Feb 09. Did you go there in the end? How was it?

Would love a reply!

Thanks,

Mandy

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
39,572 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Mauritius in February

Mand I don't think Saffron did go, but that was 2 years ago. Advise remains the same. February is not the best month, with February and March having highest rainfall, also hot and humid with a real risk of tropical storms and cyclones developing, although rarely direct hits. But even if way out in the ocean a storm means heavy rain and high winds for the island. Its a risk you take if thinking of February, but you should be aware of it.

Regards,

Bronia

London
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Mauritius in February

Hi Mandy,

I had the bad experience of going to Mauritius in end of Febuary 2007 and I was caught in a cyclone.It is not a nice experience, windy and rainy a disaster.

There are weather websites on line what may guide you. I tried this one www.mauritius-weather.info/ You can start your research from there....Good Luck

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Mauritius in February

Hi Saffron7,

There's no doubt that the weather in Mauritius will be wet during February. If you're planning an outdoor wedding, then you should try and have it on the western side of Mauritius since this is the driest part of Mauritius.

But...if there's a tropical cyclone approaching (like there is now), then your wedding will be thrown into chaos. See the Mauritius Meteorological services for constant updates on the location of this tropical cyclone at http://metservice.intnet.mu/wfcmrue.htm

Also, another informative site that provides specific weather information at Mauritius is found at …world-weather-travellers-guide.com/weather-…

I truly hope that your wedding is not in the next couple of days.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Mauritius in February

Oops, I didn't copy and paste the correct link. Here's the proper link:

world-weather-travellers-guide.com/weather-i…

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
39,572 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in Mauritius in February

Great Link Skymap. That should answer everybodys questions about the weather!

Regards,

Bronia :)

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
82 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in Mauritius in February

Thanks Skymap that's really insightful, although I'm now nervous about going to Legends the last week in March/ first week of April....

9. Re: Weather in Mauritius in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:28 am, October 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Grand Gaube