We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Legends All Inclusive or Half Board?

Which Grand Gaube hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
Level Contributor
56 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Legends All Inclusive or Half Board?

Has anyone recently been to Legends since they introduced the Premium All Inclusive Package from January 2006?

Have booked a trip for April and can't decide whether to upgrade to A/I at the extra cost of around £140 per day for three of us.

It will be our first hol to Mauritius and being independent-minded travellers are unsure about being "cocooned" in the bubble of the Hotel.

What are local restaurants/bars like - any help with the cost and quality would be useful.

Also, we're flying Emirates(again, for the first time) have heard one or two horror stories about Dubai airport - should we go in the Marhaba Lounge?

Kilkenny, Ireland
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Legends All Inclusive or Half Board?

I haven't being to Mauritius yet but from the review's I've read about the Legends everyone advises going A/I as drinks & food are very expensive plus there are no restaurants/bars in the area as the Legends is quite secluded, but you can get a Taxi from the hotel quite easily into Grand Baie, which has a good selection of Shops/Bars & Restaurants! Personally if I was staying there I'd go A/I because of it's location, if your on a Budget you could stay some ware like Merville Beach which is a 3*plus Hotel near Grand Baie on a H/B basis giving you the option to go out for something to eat nearby! Hope this helps!

Western Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Legends All Inclusive or Half Board?

Maybe read the recent posts under Grande Gaube written by Bizee, the owner of a waterfront villa in Grande Gaube. Information about local restaurants, supermarkets, car hire etc. in the area was helpful for us as we are also staying at Legends.

Essex
Level Contributor
31 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Legends All Inclusive or Half Board?

We are flying out to stay at Legends in a couple of weeks and we have booked All Inclusive at £30 per person. There are two AI Options, Standard and Premium. I think the Travel Agents are a bit selective on what they tell you as they'd prefer you to have the more expensive option!

Ask your travel agent to send you the details of what you get for each option. But I would def recommend going at least standard AI......

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Legends All Inclusive or Half Board?

Hi, Just of phone with trailfinders and quoted me 2050euro pp for 7 nights AI in June (didn't know there was a superior or prem choice) and 3 nights in a 4* hotel in Dubai. Checked with ebookers too and they came in at 2190euro pp for same. But they also offered Merville Beach at 1730e pp AI but it seems more low key than legends and it is our honeymoon. Unsure of what to do. Any help anyone? Reviews on trip advisor in general aren't the best for Legends. Tks

uk
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Legends All Inclusive or Half Board?

I arrived back from Legends last Friday, so anything oyu wish to ask and know about please feel free. I am at present writing about the holiday and how excellent it was, please do not be put off by some of these negative reviews,i just can't understand them, as my experience of the hotel like many others was just out of this world.Contact me to ask anything, i will gladly help you.

Anita

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Legends All Inclusive or Half Board?

Hi Anita, thanks a mill. We have a hold on our reservation with trailfinders. It's working out at 2,000 each for flights from Dublin - Mauritius, AI Legends and 3 nights in a 4* in Dubai and home, including all t'fers. I have done a lot of price research and this seems quite normal. Would you suggest that we do AI. Do you get all that it says. What was your weather like? Is 7 nights enough? Is food fab or just ok? thanks a mill. L

uk
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Legends All Inclusive or Half Board?

L2003

On our first visit to Mauritius we stayed 11 nights and then stopped off at Dubai on the way home for 3 nights, this last time we went to South Africa first and then onto Mauritius, we needed that week to chill out as SA had been real hectic, personally i would go to Legends for as along as you can and get the benefit out of the hotel and also the beautiful island, remember it is 6000 miles away and a little more for you from Ireland, so my view is to see as much of their beautiful island as possible and have as much time there. All Inclusive is an absolute must, price wise is the main reason and then with going all inclusive you can eat in all restaurants, and trust me 2 out of the 5 are like A la Carte, fabulous,the other 3 are extremely good as well, enough said.

Our weather was brilliant, it was V V hot and very high in humidity,but hey you are lazying on a beach being brought drinks, cooling off in the Indian Ocean, and being looked after who cares? I just cannot stress enough how much we loved it and that the reviews certainly don't do the hotel any justice. The only one thing i would care to mention to people is, the sun, it is below the equator and boy is that sun evil, i am a sun worshipper and love it, but the sun in Mauritius is a burning sun and you do have to take extra care, i.e. say use a higher sun factor, as long as you are sensible you are ok, i was using factor 15 the whole time i was out there and i still burnt, the reflection of the sea also contributed as well, but be sensible, that's my only bit of advise that is real essential here, but whatever happens don't let that put you off.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Legends All Inclusive or Half Board?

Ranger5322

Wow.. you have me sold on it and I'm all buzzed about it now. Just one question, if you choose Half board from Dublin, can you choose AI when out there for part of the week. Does the hotel allow you do that directly with them?

Thanks L

uk
Level Contributor
11 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Legends All Inclusive or Half Board?

Hi L

That i am afraid i cannot answer for you, i had been to Mauritius before so i knew it wasn't cheap and to be truthful, i didn't want to worry about money whilst on holiday, you could always email them and ask them, the email address is:- legends@naiade.com That way they will be able to tell you what's what and you will get to know everything.

I just want to go back NOW!!!

Anita

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
19 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Legends All Inclusive or Half Board?

Anita,

Sorry I called you by your user name earlier. I think I'm 100% convinced now and will go AI. A tad bit excited about this as doing wedding stuff is boring me a bit so having something like this at the end is only fabulous. Thanks so much for all your help.

L

Get answers to your questions about Grand Gaube