We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lengends Hotel, Mauritius

Farnham
Level Contributor
8 posts
186 reviews
Save Topic
Lengends Hotel, Mauritius

It looks as though I will be ooking for seven nights at Legends, probably on an all inclusive basis.

Will be booking through trailfinders as they have all teh money received via our wedding guest list.

Does anyone have any advice or can suggest any other hotels.

All Inclusive does look expensive but I am told includes a lot.

Thanks

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
45 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lengends Hotel, Mauritius

Hi

We stayed in Legends in October and the AI is well worth it. It includes trips and classes at legends as well as all you eat and drink 24/7. There is also a 20 min massage free of charge and golf and tennis lessions.

There are a lot of hotels in Mauritius and it really depends on what you are looking for. Paul et Virginie is just up the road from legends and it looks very nice. Have a look at some of the other Naiade group hotels, they have a very good website and you can check the different prices for each hotel, there is also a 360 view of some of the hotels, the website is www.naiade.com. I have the breakdown of the AI in legends in electronic format (somewhere on this computer!) pm me with your email address and I will send it to you.

Happy hunting

Baba

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lengends Hotel, Mauritius

I'm going to go against the AI here - we've just come back and did the half-board option and even taking into account the fact that we paid for a couple of dinners in the restaurants that weren't included in half-board, plus a taxi tour and a boat trip we were still significantly under the AI rate. It's worth bearing in mind that we live in the eurozone so we didn't have the poor exchange rate from sterling to euro to worry about.

We're relatively enthusiastic drinkers - wine at lunchtime, cocktails before dinner, wine with dinner and a nightcap. The minibar is included in AI but it's laughable in its awfulness - it has chocolate, pringles, soft drinks, some beer and some rum.

In terms of Legends, the disappointment for me was the beach and the water - it's an artificial beach and the water is cloudy. If swimming and snorkeling is important to you then bear in mind that you'll only be able to do this with the hotel boat which goes out twice a day at fixed times.

Farnham
Level Contributor
8 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lengends Hotel, Mauritius

Thanks for your feedback.

It is appreciated.

Kevin

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
45 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lengends Hotel, Mauritius

Hi

I agree and disagree with Heidi regarding the half board vs AI. We stayed in legends for 3 weeks 2 weeks on AI and 1 week HB. If you have a look at my review I give the reasons why, and I think there are advantages and disadvantages with both. We didn't do all what we were given free on AI and the last week we did not spend much at all, considering that we had met a group of 6 people and was buying rounds, in fact one of the waiters in the bar recommended that when we return that we go HB!

I think its a very personal decision, the AI is great as you don't have to think about money but I think in the long run the HB is cheaper.

As regards the beach yes it is a bt disappointing and the water is not as clear as you would expect but it still great for photos all the family and friends were drooling at the mouth!

HTH

Baba

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
41,340 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lengends Hotel, Mauritius

Kevin,

The only time I did AI because I got a good deal (3 weeks for 2) I found myself eating and drinking far too much because I felt I had to. I always go HB as we have a car and get around most days anyway.

Preston has written a good Insider Page on HB vs AI you may find useful. Also look at the reviews.

Cheers,

Bronia :)

Bristol
Level Contributor
66 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lengends Hotel, Mauritius

Do you have a link to that Bronia (the insider page?)

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
19,144 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lengends Hotel, Mauritius

Hi

To find the page Bronia mentioned. Go to main page of the Mauritius forum and the "sticky" at the very top, you will see PrestonTraveller, click on his name and then you will see his insider pages listed.

Mazza :)

Bristol
Level Contributor
66 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lengends Hotel, Mauritius

Nice one, thanks

9. Re: Lengends Hotel, Mauritius

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:33 am, October 16, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Grand Gaube