We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

have to do...

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
have to do...

Right, this weekend we're off for 10 days at Legends and I'm so excited I may explode. I've bored everyone I know so am now reduced to talking about this on the internet. If there's just one thing that I have to do when I'm on Mauritius/in Legends then please tell me. What do you wish you'd done? What would you really recommend? What wasn't worth it?

many thanks.

Windsor, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: have to do...

Hi Heidi,

I'm German too and found this amazing website, www.mauritus-tipps.de, the lady who runs it has tons of great advice, loved it !!

I think when you arrive and take taxi/bus to hotel depending where you are you see at least a little bit of the island, it is very lush , sugar cane fields etc.

Just get a taxi for the day , the driver stays with you and go to Port Louis, the market is great, forget the Caudan Waterfront though.

It gets a bit samey always being in the same hotel so nice to walk about in Grand Baie , have lunch, look at some art galleries etc. You can do all that in a morning together with Port Louis.

Do a catamaran trip !

And if you want to see another hotel even though you are on half board, just ask if they can arrange for you to have dinner at another hotel ( at your cost ..). Great way to check out different places without having to stay there !!

Viel Spass (have fun) !

Windsor, United...
Level Contributor
171 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: have to do...

just realized, living in Germany might not make you German... sorry if I assumed things !

German in Britain...

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: have to do...

thanks terminal - that website is really brilliant - I'm a Brit living in Germany.

H.

London, United...
Level Contributor
307 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: have to do...

Hi,

If interested you can check out my review which is packed with info on sightseeing and things to do, tips and suggestions

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g293816-r174…

Cheers!

Suraj

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
19,007 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: have to do...

Hi

There are many things to see and do in Mauritius and it all depends on what you like to do. One thing not often mentioned which I thoroughly recommend is an Undersea Walk. We did it about three years ago and it was amazing. I would love to try scuba diving but for medical reasons am unable to, so this to me was the next best thing.

As for what wasn't worth it, then that all comes down to personal taste. For me it would be Big Game fishing.

Have a wonderful holiday

Mazza :)

6. Re: have to do...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:22 am, October 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Grand Gaube