We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

half board or all inc at paul and virginie?

by the sea
1 post
Save Topic
half board or all inc at paul and virginie?

Hi, Can anyone advise me whether it is worth paying the extra for all inc at Paul and Virginie or if the half board option is best?. I can not find out a rough price for drinks and lunch anywhere! I think its roughly another £60 per day for the two of us all inc.

Oh and does it rain a lot in March?.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
41,069 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: half board or all inc at paul and virginie?

A lot of people tend to go AI as the price for drinks etc are expensive. I did HB at the Paul et Virginie but we had a car, so were out most days and just had a caraffe of wine with dinner. If you plan on staying in the hotel then AI might suit you better, especially if if you are big drinkers. They do pancakes in the afternoon, and some branded names are excluded from the AI option. The only time we did AI was last year at Casuarina, as we got a good deal, and we found ourselves eating and drinking much more than we really wanted to, though its nice not to worry about a bill at the end of your stay! For the pros and cons of HB vs AI Preston has done a good insider page on here.

The hotel itself is lovely, with friendly helpful staff and is fairly quiet, with lovely views out to the northern isles. We upgraded to a superior room, though the only difference really is you get a bath as well as separate shower.

March falls within the summer season. I've been in March and found it hot and humid, but fine with the A/C. Although we didn't get any rain note March still sees a relatively high rainfall, though usually sporadic and short showers, with lots of sun.

Also note you can use facilities at other Veranda hotels. See www.veranda-resorts.com

Have a lovely holiday,

Bronia :)

2. Re: half board or all inc at paul and virginie?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 pm, October 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Grand Gaube