We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Avoid Thomas Cooke

Which Grand Gaube hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
141 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Avoid Thomas Cooke

We are going on our honeymoon to the Legends and have had nothing but problems with the tour opertor! They messed up our flight and with only 3 weeks to go changed to a different aircraft carrier to a time we couldnt make due to getting married (this was their 4th change). They've admitted they should never have taken our booking because of the flight issue and that its their mistake but to sort it out we've had to pay to upgrade to remain on the original flight.

They refused to help, they wouldnt let us cancel and they wouldnt reimubrse any expenses incurred should we have taken the much earlier flight. All in all the service has been very poor and for what is already a stressful and emotional time they've made it a lot worse -I hope noone else has to go through this so have left a message on here to warn people

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
37,579 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Avoid Thomas Cooke

Boots sorry to hear about all your problems. You really don't need this. Who are you flying with? There are so many airlines flying to Mauritius I am surprised they can't sort it to your satisfaction. Why do you have to pay to upgrade?

Bronia :(

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
18,081 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Avoid Thomas Cooke

Hi Boots

Yes I've heard of Thomas Cook doing this before. They seem to be ok with their own airline but when it is scheduled they can mess up.

A similar thing happened to my daughter for her honeymoon about three months beforehand and they ended up cancelling.

You really do not need this hassle at this time and I hope you get them to pay for any extra charges, it is their fault. Try not to let them get away with it but also don't let it spoil what should be one of the best times in your life.

Good luck with Thomas Cook and very best wishes for your forthcoming wedding. Have a great time

Regards

Mazza

Newcastle
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Avoid Thomas Cooke

Hi Boots

Really sorry to hear that you have had a hard time with the travel agent, and you're right, they have only contributed to an already stresful time. It's so unprofessional and to think how much money we shell out to these companies for the privledge of them booking our weddings/honeymoons! Shocking.

I am too having some problems with our travel agent - athough mine probs are more to with the fact that the lady who's dealing with our booking (we are also heading to Legends, in Nov this year)just really doesnt seem interested in me or the rest of my family - and like I said earlier, to think how much, as a family, we are paying them, it baffles me. It takes her an age to respond to any queries and most of the time the responses dont even make sense!

Rant over.

Have a wonderful despite the hassle they have caused you, make sure you write a letter of complaint.

V

Newcastle
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Avoid Thomas Cooke

I meant to say have a wonderful TIME!

UK
Level Contributor
141 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Avoid Thomas Cooke

Hi

Thanks for the kind messages. Its Virign we're flying with -and sadly no other flights ould have worked out -nor would they let us change to another flight -we mentioned changing to Air France as my friend flew to Mauritus 2 years ago with them and they were good, but they said we'd have pay diff and it was too expensive. We've felt very cornered as they just plain refused to do anything so definetely a stern letter their way!

Boots

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
37,579 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Avoid Thomas Cooke

Boots I am sorry. I remember your posts from last year when they changed VS flights from LGW to LHR and then they changed your dates once before? Why should it be more money for you to change to Air France? IME AF packages have always been cheaper due to fact that flights via CDG. These are major changes they are making and they should foot any bill. Have another go at them. There should be able to do something surely?

Bronia:(

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
254 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Avoid Thomas Cooke

Hi, I would by pass Thomas Cook and take it straight to ABTA. As I understand it if it is a material change you are entitled to your money back. Bronia is right about AF , they are usually cheaper, also your could look at Air Seychelles via the Seychelles, or Lufthansa via Frankfurt, or Emirates via Dubai. ! So plenty of options. If any one should pay it should be Thomas Cook not you. ! - at the end of the day tho, you will have the last laugh, as posts like these will cost them a lot of business. I am so sorry that you have had to go threw this, as Mauritius is a lovely island and you will have a great time.

8. Re: Avoid Thomas Cooke

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, October 06, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Grand Gaube