We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive or ha;f bpard

Which Grand Gaube hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
Level Contributor
3 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
All inclusive or ha;f bpard

Paul and Virginie is all inclusive value for money?

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Belle Mare, Pointe Aux Piments, Pereybere
Level Contributor
37,037 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All inclusive or ha;f bpard

See pm!

Bronia

UK
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: All inclusive or ha;f bpard

Could I have the same PM bronia, its too late now for me anyway but I am interested on your opinions on this.

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,037 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All inclusive or ha;f bpard

Have sent pm as requested!

Bronia

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
431 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All inclusive or ha;f bpard

Hi Bronia!

How was your holiday in Mauritius?

:)

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,037 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All inclusive or ha;f bpard

Hi!

How was yours? We had some rain for 3 days the second week I think, which was unusual. Hot, with temps of 30C some days though. We spent some time looking at hotels we haven't visited before, though didn't have time to get down to the Heritage, so missed you and your "Just Married" bikini Soraya!

Read your review a while ago and saw your experience in Zambia and the at the Heritage. When we were at Vic Falls we stayed on the Zim side in hotel next to Vic Falls, but suppose its not feasible now with the problems in Zim? Bet you loved the animals though!

Sounds like the extras at Heritage were expensive. We were on AI for two weeks at Cas then starved for the 3rd week! With AI I found we drank a lot more because we could; wine with lunch, rum punches etc in the afternoon. A bit much for me!

We found a lovely hotel which we've booked for next year at Wolmar near Flic. The Sands. Its a real gem, with large well furnished rooms and huge bathrooms, great spa and a perfect ambience. Not too small, not too big! I can't wait. I do think the area you stay in can make a big difference. It also has access to a new golf course. Did you get any golf in at Heritage BTW?

Back to reality! Weather here improved a bit in past two days though; we actually got some sun yesterday!

Love Bronia :)

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,037 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All inclusive or ha;f bpard

Soraya have pmd you!

Bronia

Essex, England
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: All inclusive or ha;f bpard

Bronia,

I don't suppose you managed to see the Anahita complex when you were in MRU? Have been reading a bit about it and can't quite fathom how it works - are they private residences which are up for sale or can you book like you would a hotel? Also mention of a market, restaurants and a four season hotel - please enlighten me!!

Thanks in advance

UK, Mauritius
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
37,037 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All inclusive or ha;f bpard

Whiffle,.

Not seen them but believe they are luxury villas aimed at foreigners with cash and a golf course and a Four Seasons Hotel. They are to buy. Previously you had to be a Mauritian citizen to buy property, but now I think if you invest a certain amount of cash in the economy you are allowed to buy and even get citizenship. All a bit merceneray if you ask me!

Its advertised on billboards all over Mauritius but to be honest I never took much notice. Way out of my league. When we have looked at property to buy in the past we concentrated on Flic en Flac and Perybere, with a view to subletting to tourists, but although we came close to buying a few times we always chickened out at the last minute!

It looke very expensive from adverts, but as I said it didn't grab my attention simply because of what it is and the expense. Sorry can't help anymore than that!

Cheers,

Bronia

Essex, England
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: All inclusive or ha;f bpard

Thanks Bronia, I am no longer confused. It looks very luxurious and is most definitely out of my league too. Plus I have had enough stress when it comes to property in Mauritius to last me lifetime (and we haven't even got to court yet!).

Thanks again for the info

dublin
Level Contributor
264 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: All inclusive or ha;f bpard

Hi Bronia,

Glad you had a good holiday.

Have you ever visited the Belle Mare Plage? If so, what's your opinion on this hotel in comparison to the Legends.

We were originally booked to get married in Legends, however, we changed to Belle Mare Plage. The more reviews I read about Legends the more convinced I am that we made the right choice.

What are you thoughts?

Cheers,

Get answers to your questions about Grand Gaube