We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last week of May 2014 - Le Mauricia

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
Last week of May 2014 - Le Mauricia

Finally have decided to saty for 6 nights at Le Mauricia during last week of May 2014. Is it a good choice? I am not too fussy about things but can anyone offer advice about which room to stay standard/superior room, any specific floor? Getting a reasonable package for half boarding. Can someone share first hand experience?

Thanks & Regards.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last week of May 2014 - Le Mauricia

Hi Dheeraj Bahl,

I can not believe that you have not received any reponses. Nothing wrong with your choice, Le Mauricia is only 4-5 minutes walk down the beach into Grand Baie for shops, a massive supermarket called Super U, masses of bars, cafes, restaurants for lunch.

When I have stayed I have always booked an upstairs room behind the boat house as the rooms near the pools and restaurants can be noisy. Check out the hotel map. Also you have good views of palm trees, beach and the sea.

Enjoy your visit, regards Mike W.

Lancashire, UK
Destination Expert
for Flic En Flac, Mauritius
Level Contributor
19,172 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last week of May 2014 - Le Mauricia

Dee, one of our DE's has stayed at Le Mauricia, I'm sure she will respond when she sees this post.

Cape Town
Destination Expert
for Mauritius
Level Contributor
5,902 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last week of May 2014 - Le Mauricia

I've stayed at Le Mauricia twice. First time in a standard room on the first floor and second time in the separate block of family apartments towards the back of the resort. The only real differences between the standard and superior rooms are that the superior rooms are on the ground floor and have their own little walled garden with patio plus the bathroom has a bath as well as a shower. The standard rooms are on the first or second floor and have a balcony and no bath - only a shower. I really can't say if any position is better than another as we spend so little time in our room when on holiday that it really isn't important to us where we are in the hotel. Le Mauricia is a very compact resort so you won't have far to walk which ever room you get. Here's a link to the fact sheet for the hotel plus the map. I would imagine that the rooms closest to the beach on the two ends of the building would be best for getting a sea view but as I haven't stayed in them I can't be sure.

beachcomber-hotels.com/Resources/img/content…

4. Re: Last week of May 2014 - Le Mauricia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, March 11, 2015